Hobby to Galveston - day of cruise

winmo

Anyone have any personal experience with either Galveston Limousine or the Shuttle service from Carnival's website (Coach USA???) I've seen some "absolutely do not use" comments regarding both shuttle services from Houston Hobby airport to Galveston Port, but no real explanations. We're flying in the day of the cruise and I'm planning for the worst with flight delays/transfers in February travel conditions.

Just wondering what the negative (or positive) comments stemmed from before I decide on one or the other. Were the shuttles running behind?...Did they not wait?...What?

Also, what would the be the latest time you could arrive into Galveston to board the Conquest? Plan for the worst, but hope for the best!

Thanks.

First of all Hobby though the closer airport is still quite a ways from Galveston. I believe that most people just don't like being put on a bus. If you are arriving the day of the cruise why not let Carnival worry and take the transfer. Galveston Limo is available by the luggage carousels as I see it whenever I come in to Hobby. All you need to do is get to the port the fastest and quickest way possible. Yes the bus will wait until it is full to leave but that just depends on what time all the other flights arrive. A taxi to Galveston would probably cost a fortune. I have taken carnival shuttles before and they have never been that bad. Good Luck deciding and enjoy your cruise!

We used Galveston Limos a few weeks ago for our Elation cruise. We lucked out and got to go on a shuttle about 10 minutes after picking up our luggage. And on the return trip, we were only on the bus for a bout 20 minutes before it left the terminal. I would not hesitate to use them again!

Thanks for the advice so far. I feel better about using either service now.

I've heard renting a car for the one-way trip can save money, but with only 2 of us (and the potential to get in late) I didn't want to mess with it this time. If we can get a few more people to join us on the next cruise (note my optimism) then it'd definately be worth splitting the rental.

Thanks.

We sailed 01/01/06 on the Conquest. Flew in Houston and took the Carnival shuttle [ie. Coach USA] from that airport. Coach USA serves both airports. The Carnival arranged shuttle seemed fair price wise. We were delayed at Houston due to fog in Galveston. The ship had been seriously late getting docked delaying everything. The result was a HUGE line up to get on board. In fact, line-ups were a huge frustration on this sailing, but that is another story.

The shuttle bus from the airport to the dock was great. You should have no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Coach usa is offering a new shuttle for $59 round trip. IT is not the carnval shuttle. This is a new one and for a limited time they are offering 2 for 1 special to get it going. YOu may want to call because they offer it from Hobby.

Archived