the nylon/fleece jacket as pre-cruise purchase - size?

Joanne G.

I am interested in the reversible nylon/fleece jacket available in the Princess shop for purchase pre-cruise, but I don't see any option to choose a size.   Am I missing something?   If it is some generic "one-size-fits-all", about what size might that be?  I appreciate any information from someone who has ordered it pre-cruise.  (I would prefer to buy it on board, but I want it for the cruise and don't want to count on it being available.)    

One more question, if I order it pre-cruise, is it a safe assumption that I could return it to the onboard shop if it doesn't fit?  

Thanks!

I don't know specifically about the jacket, but the last time we bought something from the shops pre-cruise to be delivered to the room, we received a card on the day in question saying "Happy Birthday" (or whatever the occasion was) and then you took that card to the shop to exchange for the item. I assume the jacket would be the same and you just pick out your size in the shops.

11 minutes ago, Joanne G. said:

That makes sense.  Good to know!  But then the jacket clearly is available in the onboard shop and I might as well just buy it there rather than purchasing in advance.  Thanks. 

I wonder why they do it this way.  Our Princess cruise I prepaid for the stuffed bear thinking it would be in our room and a great surprise for our son.  But all I got was a card that I had to take to the store to get the bear.  They had tons of them.  I could have just bought it onboard!  In my opinion, they should seriously consider changing how they do this.

I was looking at the jacket as well but, like you, I stumbled with the size issue. I’m trying to find out if they have 3 or 4 xl.

if it’s worth anything, I bought a Cruise Critic jacket from the CC store. They had my size. 

Glenn

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jenf22 said:

I wonder why they do it this way.  Our Princess cruise I prepaid for the stuffed bear thinking it would be in our room and a great surprise for our son.  But all I got was a card that I had to take to the store to get the bear.  They had tons of them.  I could have just bought it onboard!  In my opinion, they should seriously consider changing how they do this.

I purchased the bear last summer on the Caribbean and it was in the room. I did purchase the celebration package of the bear, plus candy and a ship figure (it was just a few bucks more, so figured was worth it) but maybe those additional items caused them to be in the room.

I planned on pre-purchasing a few bears for my nephews for our summer cruise, but now I worry they won't be in the cabins for them.

10 hours ago, Grburkart said:

I was looking at the jacket as well but, like you, I stumbled with the size issue. I’m trying to find out if they have 3 or 4 xl.

if it’s worth anything, I bought a Cruise Critic jacket from the CC store. They had my size. 

Glenn

Thanks for the idea - I hadn't thought of that.  I see it isn't lined, but I could order a bigger size to fit over a sweatshirt or fleece.  It certainly is a good price.   So is the Princess jacket, so I could buy that one, too, if it is available onboard.    

I think some of the items available for presale are so that others -people not going - can buy the cruisers a gift for their trip.    I seem to recall some marketing material /ads from quite a few years ago suggesting you can send gifts to friends & family who are cruising.    Otherwise yes, buy it onboard! 

• Thanks 1

Just be prepared to be asked for help from other passengers. My husband bought a princess cruise Polo shirt on one cruise and spent the entire day being asked questions,  given drinks orders and dragged into cabins to look at stuff that needed fixing despite telling people he wasn't a crew member, many passengers didn't believe him 😂.  He only wore that  princess logo Polo shirt once, but it kept me laughing all cruise!

• Haha 2