Carnival's Towel Policy

bebe624

Hi,

Been reading about people having to pay $22 if they loose there towel? Maybe its just me but I do not recall Carnival ever being that strict on the towels. Is this a recent revelation?

Are they limiting towels to 1 per person? Maybe I should just bring my own beach towel? But it's so bulky and a waste of more things I need to pack.

Any Advice? I fly out tomorrow morning ... and I am still not completely packed :cool:

From what I recall, it has always been Carnival's policy regarding the large-sized beach towels, that if it is not left in the room at the end of the cruise, you essentially bought it. I couldn't tell you the price but $22 sounds about right. I don't have a problem with this policy. It's an easy way to get a nice suvenir (sp?) from the trip and prevents them from 'disappearing' into suitcases, etc...

Hi,

Been reading about people having to pay $22 if they loose there towel? Maybe its just me but I do not recall Carnival ever being that strict on the towels. Is this a recent revelation?

Are they limiting towels to 1 per person? Maybe I should just bring my own beach towel? But it's so bulky and a waste of more things I need to pack.

Any Advice? I fly out tomorrow morning ... and I am still not completely packed :cool:

Bebe,

There are always pool towels on deck near the swimming pools. It's the beach towels that you carry ashore that you are charged for, if you lose them. These are a different shade of blue, I think. :confused: While onboard the ship after using pool towels, simply put them in the used towel cart. Don't waste you packing space on them. Use it for more clothes like me!:rolleyes: Have a great cruise and think of all of us that have to wait for ours.:D

Luv's Crusin'

They must have a problem with the robes "disappearing into suitcases" because ours "disappeared" from our room after the steward turned down our bed final night aboard...I might not have noticed except that they left the two belts hanging on the hooks.

It's been my experience that the stewards do remove the robes (as well as the little basket or bowl the bathroom amenities were in) - the last evening of the cruise. I'm sure it's because too many of each disappeared.

About the towels... Nothing new. This has been the policy for several years, $22 if lost. The large beach towels in the cabin are for taking on shore at the ports. You will definitely be charged the $22 if they are lost or stolen, so keep an eye on them.

I take my own small $4 WalMart beach towel. It takes up only a tiny bit of space in my luggage, and if it gets lost or stolen, it really isn't a big deal to me. Another reason I like to take my own on shore is because the Carnival towels are SO bulky and heavy, they would take up all the space in my tote bag. Mine takes hardly any room at all.

Your pool towels will be furnished on deck, as someone mentioned.

The last few times I have gotten towels on deck, they take your S&S card and tell you that if you don't bring it back, your account will be charged $22. So make sure to take them back once you check them out!!!

Yes that is the way it was on the Victory last week. Maybe that will cut down on people saving chairs with there towel. Didn't see that many chair hogs at all & what were sure weren't with Carnival towels.

Archived