Oasis Class Star Lofts

jgoodm

Hi All,

I am curious for opinions from anyone who has stayed in both StarLofts what your recommendations would be on StarLofts on Oasis class ships.  

On cabin faces the rear of the ship and then the one next to it faces the side.  From what I can tell the one facing the rear has much more light (since the long side of the rectangle is all windows) and the lay out looks better. The other one is darker (because the short side of the rectangle has the windows) with a worse lay out but has is far more private.  So, which would choose?

Thanks,

J.

P.S.  If it matters, the room is two adults and two children.

We stayed in #1718 and #1720 both last year on the Oasis.

We preferred #1718 as the cabin layout was basically the same as a regular Crown Loft, only larger. 

The downstairs for #1720 was larger and would provide a better layout for your 2 children in my opinion. Did not like that

the loft closet was at the top of the stairs.

The balcony for both was great. #1718 was an ocean view. We preferred the balcony for #1720. There you could have both a limited ocean view and a view of the golf and flowrider. We usually sail in Crown Loft #1722.

We have not been in both, but had 1718 this past summer on Oasis.  We had our two teenage boys (17 & 16)  with us. 

My husband and I loved the privacy/Ocean view of the balcony on 1718.  An older couple was in 1722 and they hated their balcony because it was too loud for them during the day.  I think our boys would probably have enjoyed the people watching from that balcony better than staring at Ocean.  

The downstairs had plenty of room for my sons and we even had a rollaway brought in so they didn’t have to sleep in the pullout together.

The only downside I found to the cabin was that there is only a sheer curtain upstairs (no privacy curtain) separating the loft from the downstairs and so my boys felt like they had a lack of privacy when trying to change downstairs.

All in all, I’d book it again, and am actually trying to find a date that works for us in the near future.

You really can’t go wrong with either of them.

Edited by jessandtwo

We just got off past Sunday and stayed at 1726 (sky not star) but loved overlooking the action and seeing the aqua show. Really no noise at all and people really can't see you on the balcony in the loungers. Inside all are private if you want, both sheer and heavy curtains.   

So surprisingly to me, we went with an AquaTheater Suite 2 bedroom, class A2 on Symphony.  Not something I planned to do.  But on this particular cruise, the itinerary includes Labadee, Perfect Day and San Juan which seemed unusual so we'll just slum it in an A2. 😉.  I appreciate the advise on the two Star Lofts, we were still having a family debate on it because the kids want the rear facing and the light seems so much better.  I much prefer the privacy of the other suite.  🤷‍♂️

Have sailed in the aft facing Star Loft twice, the aft facing Crown Loft twice and the aft facing Royal Loft once. Would not consider the side facing. The noise has never been a problem, because it goes away inside the suite. We enjoy being able to watch the action.  Privacy has never been a consideration because we aren’t under the impression that ANY cruise ship balcony gives you privacy. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve stood at the balcony rail and rarely has anybody ever looked up to see me standing there. When we are sitting down, I can see them...but they can’t see me thru the reflection in the glass.  Just because you are seeing the sports deck doesn’t mean it’s to the exclusion of the ocean view. 

I would also advise you to go on YouTube and watch videos of your cabin while a show or movie is in progress. 

Edited by DCT61