How many pairs of shoes do you bring?

I am going on the Navigator the Seas on June 24 and I have not even thought about shoes...I will probably take 2 pair of dressy black heels (in case something happens to one pair), a pair of tennis shoes for walking, and a pair of sandles. I am glad that my daughter is not coming with us, she would bring probably 20-25 pairs of shoes since she MUST have a different pair of shoes to wear with every outfit. ...oh to be young again...

I am just worried how I am going to take all my photography equipment.

gems4me

Had to jump in!

I feel SO validated (shoe-wise:p ). BF calls me 'Imelda' - but the weird thing is: I have sooo many pairs, but always end up wearing the same ones! :eek:

I cruise solo and I: wear my sneakers, bring black sling-backs for formal nites, 2 pair of sandals (white & beige.. maybe I'll cut that down to one next time), and water/deck shoes for pool and excursions.

... I could easily bring more, but then where would I put my smuggled pop and booze? :rolleyes:

;) Nancy

Don't flame me, but who are you trying to impress with your fashion? How many of us on these boards even notice what kind of shoes others are wearing??

I ALWAYS notice shoes; love 'em! Notice them on guys (like a well shined shoe without worn out soles) and notice them on women. I often compliment women on their shoes if they really are pretty.

Not including water socks, we each brought one pair of shoes and one pair of flip flops. We also wore our tennis shoes on the plane and to dinner several nights. No one really looks at your feet on a cruise, why waste all that weight and space with shoes?

I was looking at the American Airlines website today and noticed that within the past several months they have reduced the maximum weight allowance for a checked bag from 70 to 50 pounds:( Anything heavier, and you pay extra to get it on the plane:eek: That may make some of us rethink our shoe quota. DH is taking/wearing (on the plane) his brown leather deck shoes, and packing black dress shoes, pool slides, and maybe a pair of leather sandals or cross trainers. I'm taking flip flops, dressy low heeled black sandals, navy leather sandals, and wearing tennies on the plane. I may splurge on one more pair of sandals...they don't weigh much:p I was thinking I needed to buy a bunch of new clothes for this cruise, but after going through my closet today, I realized I don't really need too many things...a nice revelation for my wallet!

I hate to drag alot of luggage so I pack black dress shoes, sandals, and wear my tennis shoes. My husband brought the same and then blew out the leather sandals in GC so we found a great new pair for only $25 in a store that the locals used- the kids thought it was a great adventure. Have to admit that we were on b2b and spent our morning in Tampa doing laundry do that we could pack in one suitbag and two rolling duffel bags for the four of us for a nine night trip. I know that I am the odd ball but I travel for a living and can pack for a 4 night trip in a reasonably sized carry on bag. Can't wait for our next cruise which won't be until 2008 for our 30th anniversary.

Hello everyone my wife and I have this disaggreement on the number of pairs of shoes we need. I bring 1 pair of sneakers,1 pair of brown loafers,1 pair of black loafers, 1 pair of black dress {formal night},1 pair of boat shoes for the deck and don't forget the water shoes for the beaches now that is 6 pairs is that too many or am I over packing.

My husband and I could not live without our "Crocs" on our cruise! We wore them everywhere but the Dining Room LOL!

DH: 1 pair of black dress shoes; 1 pair of tennies;

Me: 1 pair of strappy black sandals; 1 pair of comfortable sandals; 1 pair of comfortable walking shoes.

That's it. Do we win the "Least Amount of Shoes" contest? :rolleyes:

You beat us!

DH: 1 pair walking sneakers, 1 pair casual sandals, 1 pair dress shoes.

Me: 1 pair walking sneakers, 1 pair casual sandals, 1 pair dressy sandals.

He brought flip-flops and I brought "water shoes" but we never got around to using them.

My husband brought the same and then blew out the leather sandals in GC

Thats my reasoning for bringing more than one pair of each type of shoe...just in case one shoe breaks. (two pair dressy shoes, two pair flip-flops/sandals, etc)

Went ultra casual last January, '05, on the Disney Wonder--just the boat shoes--I knew I wasn't going ahore at Nassau, was using the old boat shoes then so I wore those as pool flip flops, and wore them with khakis at dinner (no formal night on a Disney Wonder cruise, just on the longer cruises on the Magic) and w/ shorts on castaway cay, the private bahamian island.

Whew I dont feel so bad anymore. The most I ever took was 21 pair and usually average 15 pair, including flip flops. I like options, sometimes I put on a pair of shoes and they just are not feeling right that day so need another pair. I do have certain pairs I wear the most when I am cruising but still need to have choices! I take a lot of strappy shoes then they fit in the suitcase easier and dont weigh as much. Weight is one thing I dont worry about since I mostly cruise from port close to home and drive. I like to be able to take everything I want and not worry. Nothing like getting out in the middle of the ocean and not have choices, just cant do it, gotta have those options like I do at home.

My hubby is generally wearing his tennies when flying in...and he also brings a pair of dressy black shoes and a pair of sandles - Period.

I am generally wearing my tennies too when I board the ship...and I bring a pair of dressy heals, a pair of flip flops, and (at most) one or two other pairs of sandles to match my outfits.

You know it just dawned on me that I posted the perfect thread for my next question which BTW I have been looking for these for over two years now. Here it is where can we find water shoes, you know the ones that you would wear in the coral infested waters of Aruba to keep your feet from bleeding. Any advise would be appreciated.

Archived