Photo Review! Just off the Carnival Liberty 4-day Bahamas Cruise!

sailawaybellaluna

On 3/9/2019 at 2:32 PM, fyree39 said:

Still a great review!

Back in the '80s I was in a squadron with the SH-60, the same type of helo you saw fly to the ship, only it was the Navy's version.  Our squadron was the training squadron and the mission was to train pilots to fly that particular aircraft.  Back in those days, the H-60s were brand new.  In fact, our squadron had aircraft numbers 00 through 17, meaning they had the first operational H-60s in the fleet.

Anyway, I'd ask the student pilots how the H-60 compared to the H-3 or H-1 or whatever they used to fly.  To a man, they said it was the Cadillac of helicopters.  I got to take a couple of rides and it was exhilarating, to say the least! So, where I'm going with this is I'm not surprised at how the speed and maneuverability of the aircraft as it left the ship impressed you.

That's awesome! It was the closest I've been to a helicopter, and I couldn't believe how fast it was! So loud as well!!

• 2 months later...
On 2/24/2019 at 6:47 PM, sailawaybellaluna said:

We had taken a case of 24 water bottles on board when we first got on the ship

Hey! Great review .. just a quick question- I thought we were no longer allowed to bring our own bottled water on the ship?

On 5/29/2019 at 4:21 AM, CourtNicole620 said:

Hey! Great review .. just a quick question- I thought we were no longer allowed to bring our own bottled water on the ship?

Hi! We weren't aware of the new rules (I've been sailing HAL and Royal recently), but no one stopped us! I guess we got lucky! 😉