Is Fun Pass still available on the Seaside?

Into Cruising

12 minutes ago, Into Cruising said:

Does anyone know if the Fun Pass is still available in the Seaside.   

Can anyone provide the detail of it if it is?

It is being offered for our cruise next week.  We are not doing it, but it costs $100, and says it gives you $180 worth of value.  The description is:  Buy in advance and you’ll get the best deal! (Their words, but at the very least you save the 15% surcharge on board)
The Fun Pass is your all access pass to the Amusement Area and it has a value of $180.  It can be associated to 1 passenger only (credit cannot be splitted on multiple cruise cards), but it can be used by all family.  It's valid for the Formula 1 Simulator, Bowling, Interactive XD Cinema, Select Video Games, and the Zip Line or Flight Simulator or Vr Maze*. F1, Zip Line, Flight simulator, Vr Maze and Cinema admittance starting from 110 cm height.

* Zip Line is offered on MSC Seaside and MSC Seaview, the Flight Simulator is on MSC Meraviglia and the Vr Maze is on MSC Bellissima only.  Book it now and take advantage of this strong discount (the prices shown are already discounted).

1 minute ago, Into Cruising said:

Thanks,

I have not seen it available for pre purchase, does it have to be purchased on board, or am I missing something.

If you are in your booking (go by your e-mail and password, not your booking number option), you should be able to go to "Enhance Your Cruise."  Pick "Add Spa, Wifi, Photo & More."  Pick  "Internet and Leisure on the right  Click on Learn More, and Fun Pass should be the first option (before internet package).

4 hours ago, bigilla said:

Anyone knows if this Fun Pass is available for Mediterranean cruises please? We will be onboard the Seaview in July.

According to the MSC site, it is available.  They note the price is 80 Euros.

• Like 1

can anyone advise how much any of the following cost? Formula 1 Simulator, Bowling, Interactive XD Cinema, Select Video Games, and the Zip Line or Flight Simulator or Vr Maze*. not been able to see this anywhere.

On 2/25/2019 at 12:25 PM, JAGR said:

It is being offered for our cruise next week.  We are not doing it, but it costs $100, and says it gives you $180 worth of value.  The description is:  Buy in advance and you’ll get the best deal! (Their words, but at the very least you save the 15% surcharge on board)
The Fun Pass is your all access pass to the Amusement Area and it has a value of $180.  It can be associated to 1 passenger only (credit cannot be splitted on multiple cruise cards), but it can be used by all family.  It's valid for the Formula 1 Simulator, Bowling, Interactive XD Cinema, Select Video Games, and the Zip Line or Flight Simulator or Vr Maze*. F1, Zip Line, Flight simulator, Vr Maze and Cinema admittance starting from 110 cm height.

* Zip Line is offered on MSC Seaside and MSC Seaview, the Flight Simulator is on MSC Meraviglia and the Vr Maze is on MSC Bellissima only.  Book it now and take advantage of this strong discount (the prices shown are already discounted).

Thanks for the info. 

May I ask 

"but it can be used by all family", no where it mention its per cabin, does it mean it could be used for 2nd cabin? 

Or it's too hard for them to police who is using it anyway?

For the 2nd look, it seems it's just a credit, so it will still charge per use, ie not unlimited. just a guess...

Thanks

Edited by Fly2where

10 hours ago, Fly2where said:

For the 2nd look, it seems it's just a credit, so it will still charge per use

Correct - it is a credit amount.  So, for instance, if you wait until on-board, you can purchase the $100 fun pass, and for the $100, you get and extra $60.  They put that amount on your cruise card - so whoever has the fun-pass on their card would then swipe to purchase the services, and can purchase those (ie - zip rides, or F1 simulator, XD cinema, or bowling, etc.) for whoever they want.

We just got back from Seaside cruise, and we did purchase, and easily ran through our credit amount - family of 4.  Granted, we wanted to bowl, and that's pretty expensive, plus did a round of XD cinema, zip lining.

Zip is $10 /person / ride

There are 2 driving arcade game on Seaside that the credits apply - $1.50 / each.  There are a few other 'skill' machines to try to win prizes, but these are clearly marked as 'Fun pass not applicable'.

F1 I believe was $10

XD cinema had 2 price points, I think the break point was 12 and under and then 13+, and I think it was $8/ $10

Bowling was either $30 or $40 for a lane for 1/2 hour (plus $2 each for shoes, but looks like they allowed use of personal tennis shoes, though we did get the bowling shoes).

The pricing is to the best of my memory - and comes out right when I add up what we did with how much we did before running out of credit, so hopefully accurate.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:34 AM, Fly2where said:

Thanks for the info. 

May I ask 

"but it can be used by all family", no where it mention its per cabin, does it mean it could be used for 2nd cabin? 

For the 2nd look, it seems it's just a credit, so it will still charge per use, ie not unlimited. just a guess...

Thanks

Here is a scan of the info in the 2019/2020 UK brochure

funpass.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2019 at 12:34 AM, Fly2where said:

Thanks for the info. 

May I ask 

Thanks

Disappointed.  Taking my family.  2 balconies for each family and must have adult in each room.  So the brothers who are not in the same room cannot share the funpass.    I can't  see buying 4 of these and you don't get money back if not used..