Bermuda witha 4 year old -- IDEAS ?

jay007

You may want to take him to the Aquarium and Zoo located in Hamilton Parish.....First they have a museum of how Bermuda came to be...then you go through the Aquarium which is nice...floor to ceiliing glass as you walk through to see the different species of fish...then you go onto the zoo...all for $10.00. We saw seals, large sea turtles, flamingoes, kangaroos, parrots, and so many other speicies. They have a great small souvenier shop, really reasonable...It really was worth the money to see....Snorkel Park was nice also...a small beach if you should be docking in Kings Wharf. They have small paddle boats, canoes, snorkel equipment that you can rent.....they have a really large floatable sliding board out in the water for the kids that looked fun....the area is nice with picnic tables and even a restrurant/bar called Hammerheads you can grab something to eat and drink.

We never went but I researched this one place, that was called Devils Hole. They have hookless fishing there. I guess you just tie the bate on the string and you more or less feed the fish. I think that was $10.00 also and that was in Smith's Parish. My recommendation for a 4 year old in Bermuda would be the Aquarium and Zoo. They also have Dolphin Quest at Kings Wharf, but I am not sure if there is an age limitation. You can swim with the dolphins or just do a fin and flipper session. It was a bit pricy though. I think the fin and flipper session last year when we were there was like $95.00 and that was only 30 minute session i beleive. My brother and his girlfriend did it and they take pictures and sell you the package. They paid $75.00 for the pictures, and there was 5 pictures. Good luck with whatever you do and have a great cruise.

Bring along buckets and shovels and spend most of the time on the beach. It may be like any other beach to your 4 yr old, but it will be paradise to you and your wife.Tobacco Bay in St. George is a good beach, but the climb up and down the hill isn't good for a 4 yr old. Horseshoe Bay is a good beach. Hamilton, Bermuda has some nice little shops and some will have a few children's toys. My niece is 4 right now and she gets bored easily. I guess it depends on the child whether a beach or the zoo or aquarium works best. Only you can know that. Good luck and have fun!

Archived