Ovation Chef's Table (drink package discount)

bradenj21

I've already purchased the drink package and am now considering booking Chef's Table on Ovation - I guess I'm wondering if it's worth the $95 considering I've already paid for the drinks. Do they ever work with people to discount it based on that? Should I book and then haggle or wait entirely to book it until I'm on the ship? 

There is no discount bc you have the drinks package. I wish there was. They told me once before it was bc the high end wines were not part of the drinks package. At the time they were poring Caymus and Cakebread and such, this past November they were not pouring anything particularly high end. Yet still no discounts were offered.

3 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

There is no discount bc you have the drinks package. I wish there was. They told me once before it was bc the high end wines were not part of the drinks package. At the time they were poring Caymus and Cakebread and such, this past November they were not pouring anything particularly high end. Yet still no discounts were offered.

you do the Chefs Table for the experience, the food, the service, the personal touches. Why would you expect a discount because you have a drink package? The wine is just one aspect of the experience.

2 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

I agree and totally understand what you're saying - the reason I ask is I've heard of people who do not drink the wine with dinner recieving up to a 50% discount - one would think it could/ should work in reverse.  

Others have suggested receiving a discount once they board simply by asking.  That may be what I'll try. 

2 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

you do the Chefs Table for the experience, the food, the service, the personal touches. Why would you expect a discount because you have a drink package? The wine is just one aspect of the experience.

11 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

Lol, high end wines..

Last few we have participated in the wines all could be had for less that $10 a bottle.

One guy, a friend of Modavi apparently even complained about the low quality.

Myself, I couldnt tell. 

56 minutes ago, Magnetchief said:

Lol, high end wines..

Last few we have participated in the wines all could be had for less that $10 a bottle.

Myself, I couldnt tell. 

I googled the fine wine selection... one was 10.99 a bottle... uh...

10 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

The price is also based on the wine they pour. And I have "experienced it" many many times.

3 hours ago, Magnetchief said:

Lol, high end wines..

Myself, I couldnt tell. 

Im a sommelier. The wines years ago were nice or at least high end. We jumped lines for a few years and now the wines are at best average. certainly nothing I would serve guests I was serving a nice meal. A discount should be given , just as it is given for the prohibition party.