Question about traveling with minors

lattegirl10

I believe it does. You probably already know that having a copy of the birth certificate is also a must.

One year my wife grabbed the wrong birth certificate for my step son.  she had the notarized note from his father but she brought the wrong BC.  He had recently changed his last name from hers to his fathers.  We had to wait for an hour or so for her sister to go to our house and photocopy/email it to us.

Strongly suggest you get the official word from NCL as to what they will want at your port of departure. In my experience requirements can change and even people who have done exactly what you want to do may have made their journeys successfully under different parameters.

It would be hard for me to believe the consent letters wouldn't need a notary stamp in the very least but - on a recent single-parent flight to Mexico from Canada - the notary stamp was no longer required (just a witnessed signature) and nobody (airlines, immigration, hotel) ever even asked to see it. So - as I said - rules change. I will say I err on the side of caution and take EVERYTHING when I travel solo with my kids.

Oh - and kudos for you for being an awesome aunt 🙂 Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

We travel with or now 6 and 9 year old grandchildren.  Oddly enough NCL doesn't require the form to be notarized.  We had it notarized last year just to be safe and was told at check in it wasn't required.  Also, there is no written requirement from NCL for it to be notarized.

The only time we experienced problems traveling with them on NCL was 2-years ago when we used our own written consent signed by the parents.  It held up our boarding for several hours until we could get ID photos and NCL releases signed by both parents and faxed to NCL's boarding agent at Port Canaveral.