Drive to Majesty or Sovereign?

We love road trips and I have taken the 4 day Majesty from Miami once before and liked it. Is it worth more to pay less money and go 4 days on the Majesty or drive less and pay about the same for the Sovereign on a 3 day? More drive or less time on the ship? I'm thinking Majesty but the Sovereign has been refurbished. 11 hours to Miami and 6 to Port Canaveral? Opinions please. Thanks

The Majesty is a nice ship, but like I say i'm curious about the Sovereign. I would like to experience the Majesty again to partake of all she has to offer, because I couldn't the first time. As for the driving times, from Florence, SC it took us 6-7 hours to make Orlando area on 95. We finished our trip at a total time of just about 11 hours to Miami last June. We left at 4 am and pulled into the parking lot at the Miami hotel about 1 or 2. We hardly stopped at all.

Never been on the Majesty. We've driven from Atlanta to Port Canaveral for three different cruises (twice on Mariner, once on Sovereign). It takes us about 6 1/2 hours. We will go back on the Sovereign some time in the future for another weekend cruise. It's a little older, the cabins are small, but the crew was fantastic and with the refurbishing and everything, the ship was tip-top (can't believe I used a word like tip-top)

Since most of the 4 day cruises leave on a Monday, if I have to take the week off for a 4 day cruise, I would just as soon take it off for a 7 day cruise. Most of the 3 day cruises leave on a Friday so it just makes for a nice long weekend.

Tim

Archived