How's the snorkeling at Sapphire Beach?

City_Woman

Hubby loves snorkelling and we were going to go to Coki, but we're not thinking of Sapphire Beach instead.

He wants to snorkel off the beach and see lots of fish.

Will he be disappointed with Sapphire Beach?

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Judy

The snorkeling at both places is very good. At Sapphire you have a reef close to shore. I think the main draw for the fish at Coki are the free handouts they get from the scuba instructors....LOL. There was no reef nearby that I noticed but there were plenty of fish swimming around.

At Sapphire you saw fish, coral, etc. The further out you ventured the more you saw.

Bear one thing in mind: each ship that comes into St. Thomas has an excursion to Coki. The more ships, the more crowded it will be. ;)

I don't think he'll be disappointed in Sapphire at all.

If you get to Sapphire and for some reason the water is not placid, you can opt for Secret Harbour. This is what Godfrey of Godfrey Tours does: if the water and Sapphire and Coki is too rough then he takes people to Secret Harbour. I haven't snorkeled there, but I understand that the snorkeling is supposed to be very good there too.

Both beaches are nice and the snorkeling is great in both places. My husband and I prefer Sapphire. It seems to be much quieter and seems safer. Sapphire has the sense of a placid hideaway even when it is crowded. It seems to me that Coki can look like some streets in Philly you don't want to wander down depending on the day of the week you are there. I hope this helps.:rolleyes:

Archived