Vista Class 4J, Walkway Cabins

GypsySoul99

I FINALLY found a sailing on Vista that works for us. I booked cabin 9202. It was the most affordable way to get a window on a higher deck. Opted for the higher deck cabin, so we're closer to things, versus a regular OV. I've only sailed Fantasy class ships, on my previous 4 CCL cruises. I know this is a newer class, but I'm curious about feedback on these cabins. They're a bit oddly laid out, no couch, and all the way forward. How's the motion there? We already know we prefer forward to aft. I'm very much looking forward, no pun intended to being able to open just a few doors and have coffee on deck. What's been your experience in these forward cabins? I'm just STOKED to get to cruise on Vista. I've been pricing and pricing and thankfully found a sailing that fit both dates and budget. Thanks for any pictures or input. 

We have done many cruises in the category 4J cabins and love it!  They are a lot cheaper than the balcony cabins and you have a much larger balcony so to speak in the front of the ship.  We haven't noticed a big difference in motion being all the way forward.   Hope you have a great time on your cruise.

I have been in 4J cabins on the Vista and Horizon, and I liked the cabins very much.  The public deck in front of the cabins is rarely used except by the few people in the 4J cabins, so not crowded at all.  Those “secret” decks are good for sail away but it does get very windy out there when the ship is sailing, so not really a good place to spend a lot of time on sea days.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, schazzy said:

One thing I kinda wondered about these cabins is can people on the walkway see into your window?

Yes, if they are up close to the window.  We usually just pull the curtains when we're dressing and at night.  Actually, there's a sign that says you must keep the curtain closed at night so that cabin lights don't interfere with navigation. 

Not all 4J cabins are created equal.  We just had 7207 on Horizon, and it had a pole beside the bed, which DH hit with his head on one night when getting up to go to the restroom.  We've had other 4J's that didn't have any kind of support pole like that.  The configuration of that cabin was different, too.  It was laid out in kind of an L shape. 

I always think there's a little more motion all the way up front, but it's not terrible.  I think these cabins are a good value.  It's a pretty long walk to get to anything, but we don't mind walking.  It's nice to be able to take a few steps and be out front on the secret decks, but it does get very windy out there when the ship is underway, depending on wind direction and speed.  It's fantastic for watching the view during entering and exiting port.

• Thanks 1

Currently in 9201 on the Conquest, so the location is comparable. Since you as far front as you can get, and also up high, you will likely feel more motion that if you were midship and low. Though you will feel motion everywhere on the ship during rougher seas, so there’s no avoiding it. Personally, I love the feeling of being rocked to sleep and I’m actually disappointed when the seas are calm at night. However, if you are someone that doesn’t like motion, it might not be the room for you. 

Edited by bakersdozen12