Seaside specialty dining (selecting date/time)

jcathers1

I am planning on purchasing the "Trio" of specialty restaurant on the Seaside for our next cruise. When I tried to book today, it made me select a date and time for each restaurant (so I didn't complete the purchase, because I wasn't sure). Is this new? When we booked the other package (Roy's cuisine) last year, it did not make us do this.

Would we be able to change while on board if we wanted to? We are in the YC, if it matters.

TIA.

1 hour ago, jcathers1 said:

Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.

Hi. We also had to select 3 dates when we booked, a few months ago. When we got on the ship, we went to the Deck 16 area which all three restaurants share and arranged the exact times and nights. Apart from Feb 14th, Valentines night, we were able to change our times and dates to suit ourselves. FYI, Butchers Cut and Ocean Cay were excellent, Pan Asian not so much. You could try and have a second night in BC or OC, if they'll let you! Ken

4 minutes ago, CruiseIreland said:

Hi. We also had to select 3 dates when we booked, a few months ago. When we got on the ship, we went to the Deck 16 area which all three restaurants share and arranged the exact times and nights. Apart from Feb 14th, Valentines night, we were able to change our times and dates to suit ourselves. FYI, Butchers Cut and Ocean Cay were excellent, Pan Asian not so much. You could try and have a second night in BC or OC, if they'll let you! Ken

This is great info. Thanks!

For the Pan Asian night, were you able to choose from either the sushi bar, teppanyaki-style side, or the actual sit-down Pan Asian place? I ask because on our last cruise, we tried "Roy's trio" where we ate at each of those places one time. Having our choice, we would only try the sushi side again. We thought it was very good.

Edited by jcathers1
added question

14 hours ago, jcathers1 said:

This is great info. Thanks!

For the Pan Asian night, were you able to choose from either the sushi bar, teppanyaki-style side, or the actual sit-down Pan Asian place? I ask because on our last cruise, we tried "Roy's trio" where we ate at each of those places one time. Having our choice, we would only try the sushi side again. We thought it was very good.

You're welcome. Our experience in the Pan Asian was the sit down at a regular table and offered the limited 'experience' menu. Now, l think there was some sushi/sashimi on the menu, l can't be sure. If you don't find something you want on the trio menu, you can order any item off the a la carte for 50% of the marked price. Hope that helps. Ken

On 3/3/2019 at 6:40 PM, jcathers1 said:

I am planning on purchasing the "Trio" of specialty restaurant on the Seaside for our next cruise. When I tried to book today, it made me select a date and time for each restaurant (so I didn't complete the purchase, because I wasn't sure). Is this new? When we booked the other package (Roy's cuisine) last year, it did not make us do this.

Would we be able to change while on board if we wanted to? We are in the YC, if it matters.

TIA.

Yes you need to book the time selections for the Trio to pre-book it. Also, you will notice the time frames will change and not be available at other certain times.  To say the least, it is a messed up process.  What we did was call it in to the 800 # and they booked for the times we wanted.  Also, we are in the YC and your concierge can also change it for you, so dont stress too much over getting the times you want.  We did it last year too.  The teppanyaki is NOT included on the Trio only the the Pan-Asian which was very good.  We did the teppanyaki seating separate at an additional cost and it was one of the best teppanyaki places weve ever eaten at.

On 3/3/2019 at 7:40 PM, jcathers1 said:

TIA.

This has been an ongoing issue with their website. Same thing happened when we booked the trio package for our sailing this past November and our upcoming March 16th cruise. It was super easy changing the time with the YC concierge. My family didn’t want to eat at the Pan Asian so they let us eat at the Butcher’s Cut twice. And I don’t like seafood so when my family ate at Ocean Cay they allowed me to order a steak from BC! They were very accommodating! On a side note Teppanyaki was worth the extra $$. We paid $30 for filet and chicken combo and it was mouth watering!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2019 at 11:35 AM, Ree5676 said:

This has been an ongoing issue with their website. Same thing happened when we booked the trio package for our sailing this past November and our upcoming March 16th cruise. It was super easy changing the time with the YC concierge. My family didn’t want to eat at the Pan Asian so they let us eat at the Butcher’s Cut twice. And I don’t like seafood so when my family ate at Ocean Cay they allowed me to order a steak from BC! They were very accommodating! On a side note Teppanyaki was worth the extra $$. We paid $30 for filet and chicken combo and it was mouth watering!!

Hi 

I believe you might be on or just off the ship (sailing march 16th you said)

How did the trio worked out this time? Were you able to switch/repeat restaurants? Is this exclusive to YC?

TIA

JP

9 hours ago, JP Medina said:

Hi 

I believe you might be on or just off the ship (sailing march 16th you said)

How did the trio worked out this time? Were you able to switch/repeat restaurants? Is this exclusive to YC?

TIA

JP

We enjoyed the trio dining. We were able to eat at Butcher’s Cut twice instead of the Asian Market but needed to get permission to do so. I was told they’re no longer going to allow it because so many are doing it. It doesn’t hurt to ask! The worse they can say is no.