Motorcycle tour through Carnival - Bonaire

meandmyhoneycruiseforever

My husband and I will be on Bonaire in December on the Carnival Sunshine.  We are interested in doing the ship sponsored shore excursion motorcycle ride.  Has anyone done that excursion?  I am not interested in booking privately, so please only people who have done the ship sponsored excursion.  Do you know if it books up quickly?  How much actual riding time do you get?  (The description says 3.5 hours, but I assume there is some transporting to and fro, as well as safety instructions).  Any info would be appreciated.

• 9 months later...

I never received any answers prior to our cruise - but we did do this excursion, so I thought I'd post some info in case anyone else was interested.

We are Honda Goldwing riders, and the bikes were Harleys - and that was fine.  It is not truly a Harley dealership - more like a garage with about a dozen bikes.  Most of the bikes were pretty beat (not unusual for rentals), but they all ran ok.  The tour was a lot of fun - I'm glad we did it.  Actual riding time is about 2½ hours - we saw almost all of the island.  There were several stops for pictures and information - our guide was very good.  Helmets are required and provided - although all they had were extra large and it was difficult to get them to feel comfortable.  Our tour group included 7 bikes, plus the leader and tail gunner.  There was also an afternoon excursion - not sure how many were in that group.  The roads are very narrow and drop off several inches at the edge.  You also have to be on the lookout for wild goats and donkeys.

All in all, it was a fun excursion, and if you enjoy riding - go for it!