Home from Splendour - Jan 16 to 20

mrstay

We are home safe and sound from the Splendour. Great cruise, other than the 15 foot seas on Monday/Tuesday. I will post a long review tomorrow. If any one has specific questions, let me know and I will try to include those points.

We are home safe and sound from the Splendour. Great cruise, other than the 15 foot seas on Monday/Tuesday. I will post a long review tomorrow. If any one has specific questions, let me know and I will try to include those points.

Glad you made it home safely! (Although we all know that cruising is still a safe vacation option, lol !) I've been awaiting your TR - I am taking a quickie cruise on Splendour in February with my mom (long time cruiser, first time RCCL).

If you could include these in your TR or as a sidebar, I was curious about a few things.

I know she is going into dry-dock this spring; what was your over-all impression of the ship?

What category/deck stateroom did you have? I am booked into a junior suite, 8544, but there is still a grand suite available, and am thinking of upgrading, since my mom likes them. I personally dont care if its an inside, a balcony or a suite, but when I take her on vacation, I like to do things the way she likes them; she certainly did enough for us when we were growing up!

I am assuming that you still tendered into Cozumel. Did you stay onboard, book excursions, or just venture out on your own? I have no specific plans and prefer to do my own thing, but my mom is a big excursion person - she likes the security of knowing what happens when and with whom.

Did you save any of the daily Compasses? And if so, would it be possible to for you to scan/send me a copy? Again, my mom likes to know what types of activities are on board . . . ! I've taken her on Carnival, Celebrity and Princess, and so she is familiar with those daily events, but has never sailed with RCCL before.

Thanks !

Leslie

Archived