Wheelchair question

Flying with a scooter is usually not a big deal.  You do have to call the airline and register the details of the scooter...make/model, weight, type of battery (sealed, dry cell).  

Occasionally there is is a bit of a delay at the destination.  You must specify that you want it delivered to the gangway.

It’s the lack of independence that is the limitation of a wheelchair versus a scooter.  

1 hour ago, wendychloecruiser said:

Flying with a scooter is usually not a big deal.  You do have to call the airline and register the details of the scooter...make/model, weight, type of battery (sealed, dry cell).  

Occasionally there is is a bit of a delay at the destination.  You must specify that you want it delivered to the gangway.

It’s the lack of independence that is the limitation of a wheelchair versus a scooter.  

she isnt confined to using the wheelchair and can actually walk around, it just does get pretty painful for her if she has to do too much walking.  i want her to be able to enjoy this trip as much as she can.  Unfortunately with her ailments she is always in some amount of pain at all times so i just want to try to limit the triggers of her pain. 

We took my 96 year old father on a cruise. He uses a walker at home but we rented a wheelchair for him for the cruise. We took both the wheelchair and the walker with us. He used the walker in the cabin and the wheelchair everywhere else. There was no charge to check the walker and they gate checked the wheelchair. It was so nice to have his own chair everywhere and not have to wait for the ones at the airport or the cruise terminal. We also had an accessible cabin which was really great! I hope this helps!