Trent or anyone, help with Miami taxi "understanding"

MIgirl

I been reading through the great advice here in regards to the taxi's. This is our second cruise out of Miami. The first experience was interesting....

Last time we were totally ripped off (I think) in riding in a taxi from a pre-cruise hotel right by the port to the port. The traffic was terrible and the meter kept running and running. I think we paid like $40! That may be an exageration but it wasnt cheap.

How do I know if I get into a taxi with a flat rate vs meter rate? If traffic is bad by the port (construction last time I think) is that just the way it goes? I dont remember having probelms from the airport to the hotel... And we did get the flat rate from the port to the airport.

Any advice/comments are appreciated! :)

Thanks!

I been reading through the great advice here in regards to the taxi's. This is our second cruise out of Miami. The first experience was interesting....

Last time we were totally ripped off (I think) in riding in a taxi from a pre-cruise hotel right by the port to the port. The traffic was terrible and the meter kept running and running. I think we paid like $40! That may be an exageration but it wasnt cheap.

How do I know if I get into a taxi with a flat rate vs meter rate? If traffic is bad by the port (construction last time I think) is that just the way it goes? I dont remember having probelms from the airport to the hotel... And we did get the flat rate from the port to the airport.

Any advice/comments are appreciated! :)

Thanks!

I am not either T or B.. Myself personally will be there soon taking a cab from MIA to downtown.. I know I will be asking if it is a flat rate (construction or no construction).. If I have to I will get it in writing.. if they refuse I will find another cabbie... Just my 2cents!:)

Archived