tampa post cruise carnival excursion

balconyview

Hi, our flight home isn't until 5pm. What can we do for the afternoon in Tampa? We'd like something other than shopping, maybe a city tour, but we have to drag our luggage along. The carnival post cruise tour didn't sound too interesting to me, but has anyone done this? Thanks!

We went right next door to the Florida Aquarium. It was a great place to spend some time and they put all our luggage in a holding room. After we checked out the whole complex there, we explained that we were going to walk over to Channelside and they said no problem. They were really great.

Here is their website: http://www.flaquarium.org/

Here is the website for Channelside: http://channelside.com/

Have a great cruise.

Diane

balconeyview,

Our flight leaves at 6. We are walking to the aquarium and also doing the Eco-Tour at 2 pm, which is about 1.5 hours. I don't know if you have time for that tour, but the aquarium will hold your luggage and I've heard good things about it! I learned here on the boards that a ship excursion is not necessary, since it's right there!

Stop back over at the roll call, we are trying to arrange a meet & greet!

Sally

Hi Guys, Thanks for the advice and especially for the links! We're leaving next week and getting excited!:) Don't really want to plan the end of trip but I know it will come.:( That eco tour sounds like fun, Sally, did you make reservations? Maybe we'll see you guys there!

• 3 weeks later...

We found out you can have luggage stored at the terminal for 5 bucks. We took the trolley into Ybor City, shopped and toured their little museum near the trolley shop. The woman here gave us good info on the area, and we visited a couple cigar shops where they roll their own cigars.

Also we rented a car pre-cruise from Avis. They drove us from the airport to the ship terminal when we dropped off the car, and on our return, we were shuttled back to the airport by them.

We have a shuttle reserved (Tampa Bay Shuttle) that will bring us back to the airport from the terminal...but we also have a lot of time to kill. Is there anyplace at the airport where we can store our luggage while we walk over???

Archived