Using a debit card with S&S

killintime

LSU Policeman. My cruise is in 96 days as well. We are sailing from Port Canaveral on the Sensation on May 13. You?

Edit: Oh, duh .. I just noticed your signature. :) Well, hopefully we'll both enjoy our cruises! :)

Undrhil

I plan to 'pre-pay' our S&S account before the cruise using funship dollars. I really don't understand why more people don't do this (aside of course from those folks who don't know about the option). You just call Carnival's 800 number and tell them you wish to purchase funship dollars and apply them directly to your account (you also have the option of having the certificates mailed to you but that's more work than what it's worth in my opinion). They charge them to your debit/credit card and it looks like onboard credit when you cruise. Just make sure that you get them to either mail or fax you the confirmation of the purchase to take with you when you board in case there are any issues when you get there.

I did this for my first cruise and ended up with a check at the end for like $200. I bought some for my mom for her cruise last month as a surprise and her S&S bill at the end of a 7 day cruise was like $25. If you have 96 days until your cruise, it's a perfect opportunity to pay a little bit at a time that will add up to a lot. You could buy like $50 worth at a time and have your entire S&S bill covered before you even board the ship.

Our cruise is still over a year away so as soon as I have put down more than just the deposit, I plan on buying at least $50-$100 a month until the cruise and putting them directly on my account for onboard credit.

I plan to 'pre-pay' our S&S account before the cruise using funship dollars. I really don't understand why more people don't do this (aside of course from those folks who don't know about the option). You just call Carnival's 800 number and tell them you wish to purchase funship dollars and apply them directly to your account (you also have the option of having the certificates mailed to you but that's more work than what it's worth in my opinion). They charge them to your debit/credit card and it looks like onboard credit when you cruise.

Great suggestion...THANKS!

Archived