I'm on the Sunshine right now, until 3/16/19

campdaan

13 hours ago, campdaan said:

Well, it got taken care of in a roundabout way...

We requested a different dining table from the maitre'd because the booth that we were in had such soft seat cushions that my wife's shoulders were almost even with the table top.

They gave us a new table assignment with chairs. 

When the maitre'd asked if he could do anything else for us, I jokingly remarked that he could change our shower curtain. 

When we got got back to our room ( almost 10 pm because of late dining ) Housekeeping was in our room changing the curtain. 

That only leaves one one last complaint, and that's with CruiseCritic...

We had enough people on our roll call for a meet and mingle, but just like last year, radio silence. 

And to the other point about the Internet. It's improved since last year, and I thought it was pretty good then. It sure isn't FIOS, but it's been good enough for me to do eBay and YouTube. 

And speaking of such. I am able to hook my iPad into the hdmi input on the TV and toggle the input using the buttons on the side of the TV. 

Same with us for the Meet and Mingle.  No word.  Ever.  We were on the Glory in January 2019.

Renee

16 hours ago, campdaan said:

BTW. If you look at the replay of sail away ( March 8 ) on the Port Canaveral webcam, I can be seen about 2 minutes in with my NASA T-shirt waving my stuffed penguin Waddles. 

Do you know where the Port Cam is located?  Very Cool!

Also-do you know if the bars have Bud Light Lime?  Another poster answered this for me before, I'm just hoping things maybe changed...

Thanks and great thread!  We sail her in 39 Days!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, let's go cruising said:

Same with us for the Meet and Mingle.  No word.  Ever.  We were on the Glory in January 2019.

Renee

Imagine hosting a Cruise Critic sponsored cruise and everyone from the roll call makes plans on F**eB**k...

That happened to me. 

The meet and and greet at sail away, a slot pull, and a cabin crawl that I tried to organize turned into one big drinking game by a previous group called the "Miracle Maniacs".

I was told by their "leader" that I should just join that social media platform. Ugh. 

26 minutes ago, tonyhb12 said:

Do you know where the Port Cam is located?  Very Cool!

Also-do you know if the bars have Bud Light Lime?  Another poster answered this for me before, I'm just hoping things maybe changed...

Thanks and great thread!  We sail her in 39 Days!

The cam is at Fishlips restaurant, and the have a sign on their deck that says "smile", so you know where to wave to. 

• Like 1

Thanks so much for taking questions. Can you tell me if they have any theme partys?  Specifically a "white" party or rocking 80's glow party?  We are on Sunshine in 2 weeks amd I want to prepared!  Cheers!

If you look at the shower curtains they can be hung in two places, one higher and one lower. I had the issue of a "short" curtain once and mentioned it to the steward. He reaching it in about 10 seconds. Since then I have had to do that a couple of.times. It takes me about 5 minutes.

Just now, Lottacruises said:

If you look at the shower curtains they can be hung in two places, one higher and one lower. I had the issue of a "short" curtain once and mentioned it to the steward. He reaching it in about 10 seconds. Since then I have had to do that a couple of.times. It takes me about 5 minutes.

The curtain was too short, period. 

I'm a pretty good self fixer and had tried to see if it was in the wrong slot. 

Our steward told us they have several different size curtains for newer and older parts of the ship. 

15 minutes ago, chumley28540 said:

So what cord did u use to connect your IPAD to the TV?

You need an Apple HDMI to Lightning adapter. 

I got mine at Staples for around $40 a few years ago, but I've seen them on eBay for less. 

And an HDMI cable

apple_md826am_a_lightning_digital_av_ada

Edited by campdaan

10 hours ago, summersigh said:

Is there still a live band nightly in the Ocean Plaza?  We loved that on our previous 2 cruises aboard her

We love the Sunshine and even more now that she'll be sailing from Charleston .. this year the Bahamas (again:classic_rolleyes:  ) and next year Cuba

Yes ! There is a live band in Ocean Plaza most nights. Tonight there is karaoke from 9-Midnight. 

2 hours ago, smyemar said:

Thanks so much for taking questions. Can you tell me if they have any theme partys?  Specifically a "white" party or rocking 80's glow party?  We are on Sunshine in 2 weeks amd I want to prepared!  Cheers!

I checked all the activities listed on the Hub app. And the closest thing is an 80's music trivia party on Ocean Plaza on the last night of our cruise. 

If anything happens, I'll post it. Or I'll ask Mikey the Cruise Director. 

9 hours ago, campdaan said:

The curtain was too short, period. 

I'm a pretty good self fixer and had tried to see if it was in the wrong slot. 

Our steward told us they have several different size curtains for newer and older parts of the ship. 

You could have put a towel up against the bottom then to keep the water from going everywhere.....

10 hours ago, campdaan said:

I checked all the activities listed on the Hub app. And the closest thing is an 80's music trivia party on Ocean Plaza on the last night of our cruise. 

If anything happens, I'll post it. Or I'll ask Mikey the Cruise Director. 

There is an 80's Rock-N-Glow Party with Mikey, tonight on Lido !

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:56 PM, campdaan said:

Hi Everyone 

On the Sunshine posting with the middle Internet package. It's kinda slow, but a million times better than the old pay by the minute internet. 

This is my 16th Carnival cruise. 2nd on the Sunshine. We did the Sunshine last March and liked it so much we booked again. 

I will take questions, but I will not be posting any Funtimes because things change quickly Cruise to Cruise. 

Sooo... Anyone want to ask a question ?

My Daughter and her Husband are on the ship with you and I have been following the progress on Cruisin.  I saw that she left Curacao this afternoon, but when I just checked it hadn't made much progress at all and the Status on the Ship Tracker shows 2 or 3 knots and "Not under command".  What gives?

Mike Casey

On 3/11/2019 at 11:11 AM, campdaan said:

I spoke to my cabin steward this morning who had no idea that I had gotten the job done. 

In fact, yesterday, he introduced me to his supervisor who was made aware of the problem, and she never got it done. 

This is is an example of the simplest things having to run a gauntlet, rather than just being fixed. Carnival happens.

A few years back, I had tried to book adjoining balconies at the future cruise desk, but that department didn't know what balconies connected together, but I could access Carnival's own booking site to give the Carnival representative that very information. I ended up telling them what rooms I wanted because they were restricted by their own company of that information which I got from their booking site. 

I think that they are trained well on some things but they only know what they are trained in. I have noticed several times that they do not seem to understand how to "think outside the box" to handle something they haven't been specifically trained about.  And that is not a complaint, just an observation from my recent cruises and I just "go with the flow." The crew is great on all my cruises, sometimes I just have to figure out something by myself or let it go.