Momma always said…

zaandam_2

Momma always said ‘if it is too good to be true, it probably is’. I stumbled across Galaxy’s 16-night transatlantic sailing May 2006. The prices are ridiculously low. On top of that, the single supp is only 30%.

Savvy CC people; please tell me what’s wrong with this picture. Drydock before? Groups?

Thanks in advance!

It's the departure port. Not as attractive as leaving from FL>

Yes... those are the rates.

Heck.. you should see the rates for the fall transat back from Civitavecchia on Dec 1st!

Heck.. you should see the rates for the fall transat back from Civitavecchia on Dec 1st!

On VTG, pricing is better for the May crossing - $800 inside/$1000 OV - 16 day cruise, Galveston-Civitavecchia.

The Dec. one is priced $880 inside/$1000 OV - 14 day cruise, Civitavecchia-San Juan.

In addition, they are offering a nice bonus.

Susan is right. The lowest inside is going for 1130, single occupancy. that works out to about 65/day. i know transatlantics are usually less, because i've watched them for some time now. i was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a catch. apparently no catch. thanks.

i know transatlantics are usually less, because i've watched them for some time now. i was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a catch. apparently no catch. thanks.

Repositioning cruises tend to be cheaper because

- they are longer (people need more time off),

- tend to be at times people do not typically vacation (none during the summer),

- need long flights to get to or from (cross country or cross ocean during less desireable times),

- are one way flights (cost more),

- and they usually have fewer ports (crossing ocean, through the canal).

But we like extra time on the ship and sea days. :) I think they are great buys.

Archived