Why would a mini-suite (MC) be cheaper than a balcony (BB & BC) on the Escape?

01Sweetpea

I am looking to book my first NCL cruise for May 2019 on the Escape to Bermuda, and MC cabins are cheaper than BB & BC cabins.  Is there a reason suites would be cheaper than balconies?  Is there pros/cons to booking a suite over balcony? If room location matters I'm looking at MC (11190), BC (11758) or BB (13758). The price difference between MC & BB is $180. 

Thank you for any help & advise. 

Hi sweet pea, I’m guessing it’s the computer programming and  supply and demand… Their sales computer adjusts the price based on the supply and probably more of the many cabins are available right now so the prices down so people will book more of a particular category. While most of the people so far have probably been booking balcony cabins so there’s only a few left and the prices up a bit. It’s my guess… Btw -  The mini suite cabins are the same as the balcony cabins except for the bathroom. The mini suites have a larger bathroom with a shower or tub. Myself I prefer the mini sweets with the shower. But if I can save money I will take a balcony cabin. As I said I believe the rooms are the same. It’s just the bathrooms that are different. Best of luck to you. Enjoy your cruise. 

Edited by DKcruiser10