Royston is amazing!

goldgirl2

19 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Would you say the volcano hike is worth it? And did it take the estimated 2 hours? I'm debating between the Island Tour and the Volcano hike. (My kids will be 9 and 6), but fully intending to use Royston Tours for the same reasons you enjoyed it.

I thought it was worth it.  We did a beach day in St Thomas and the water park on Coco Cay so it was nice to do something different and I love hikes.  The hike up took about two hours and about the same coming down.  The entire tour basically took the entire time in port.  He could have had us back to the port sooner to walk around downtown, but we just drove around sightseeing until it was time to go back.  The kids were exhausted and fell asleep in the van so we were happy just to drive around and see the sights.  And the kids will be exhausted and you too probably.  I'm in decent shape and my legs were burning on the way down.  You'll have to help the kids going up and down too as its not a straight trail, you'll have to climb up and over stuff.  You'll also get muddy and sweaty.  We looked like we had been mugged and left in a ditch when we were boarding the ship lol.   I find that stuff fun, and my kids did too, although they definitely were getting tired and cranky the last bit on the way down.  Royston basically carried my younger one the last twenty minutes, but I think he was trying to hurry so we could see more stuff around the island.  Its definitely something I'll remember more than sitting around on a beach all day, but thats just me.

39 minutes ago, Gatorshill said:

I thought it was worth it.  We did a beach day in St Thomas and the water park on Coco Cay so it was nice to do something different and I love hikes.  The hike up took about two hours and about the same coming down.  The entire tour basically took the entire time in port.  He could have had us back to the port sooner to walk around downtown, but we just drove around sightseeing until it was time to go back.  The kids were exhausted and fell asleep in the van so we were happy just to drive around and see the sights.  And the kids will be exhausted and you too probably.  I'm in decent shape and my legs were burning on the way down.  You'll have to help the kids going up and down too as its not a straight trail, you'll have to climb up and over stuff.  You'll also get muddy and sweaty.  We looked like we had been mugged and left in a ditch when we were boarding the ship lol.   I find that stuff fun, and my kids did too, although they definitely were getting tired and cranky the last bit on the way down.  Royston basically carried my younger one the last twenty minutes, but I think he was trying to hurry so we could see more stuff around the island.  Its definitely something I'll remember more than sitting around on a beach all day, but thats just me.

Sounds perfect!

Thank you for the detailed reply!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2019 at 4:29 PM, Gatorshill said:

Just got back from a cruise on Symphony.  We did the Volcano hike with Royston.  It was a great time and Royston was amazing.  We took our 5 and 7 year olds.  It was a bit of a strenuous hike for them, but Royston did a great job making sure we all made it up and down again.  He provided a great lunch and became my 5yr olds hero with a couple boxes of juice.  We saw some monkeys on the way back down.  He showed us some sights on the drive on the way to the hike, and then gave us options on how to take the ride back to see some sights.  I cant stand the cattle mentality of some of the bigger tours, so this one was awesome.  When we make it back, we'll definitely use Royston again.  I've been on plenty of cruises and tours before, and I cant recommend this one highly enough. 

Did he have a car seat? We'll also have a 5 year old.