Any UK passengers ever been able to purchase 10% off gift cards?

HarryKane

Hi guys,

I keep on seeing posts where people are recommending 10% carnival AARP gift cards etc in order to bring the cost of the cheers package down.

My questions - Has any UK passengers been able to purchase these? If so how and from where?

AARP's gift cards come from their Rewards for Good program. According to their website, this rewards program is only available to those in the U.S. Sorry.

I realize it's a long shot, but do you know anyone in the U.S. who could get them for you? It's kind of a crazy, round-about way, but just about your only chance, unless you can find something similar in the U.K. Incidentally, they can be used for just about everything, not just Cheers. Including paying off the cruise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

AARP's gift cards come from their Rewards for Good program. According to their website, this rewards program is only available to those in the U.S. Sorry.

I realize it's a long shot, but do you know anyone in the U.S. who could get them for you? It's kind of a crazy, round-about way, but just about your only chance, unless you can find something similar in the U.K. Incidentally, they can be used for just about everything, not just Cheers. Including paying off the cruise.

Thanks organized chaos. I sadly suspected as much to be honest but thought I would put it out there. To be fair there isn't that many UK passengers onboard Carnival cruises which depart from the US, which I like because it actually feels like i'm on vacation! I guess my best chance is via ebay if i strike lucky with anybody selling on there but by the time ive paid shipping there is hardly any saving to be made.

Edited by HarryKane

1 hour ago, HarryKane said:

Thanks organized chaos. I sadly suspected as much to be honest but thought I would put it out there. To be fair there isn't that many UK passengers onboard Carnival cruises which depart from the US, which I like because it actually feels like i'm on vacation! I guess my best chance is via ebay if i strike lucky with anybody selling on there but by the time ive paid shipping there is hardly any saving to be made.

Plus beware fraudulent gift cards.  Every now and again it pops up that fakes are circulating.

1 minute ago, naxer said:

Plus beware fraudulent gift cards.  Every now and again it pops up that fakes are circulating.

I'll probably give it a miss, too many jumping through hoops/risks to save like 10%.

Yeah, as naxer said, be very cautious with buying them from eBay. There have been instances of people selling empty cards and you have no way of knowing until you get it.

Last year, an eBay seller called PayPal Digital Gifts, which is owned by PayPal and sells digital gift cards, sold Carnival cards for 15% off, some time around the spring. Now those are legit and a lot of people here bought them. Those would've been perfect for you because they're sent via email. I'm hoping they do it again this year. But sorry to say, I just looked at their eBay store and they, too, are U.S. only. Wish I could be of more help.