Asian Ceremony of Stones

Favette

It is a "hot" stone massage. Stones are heated up in hot water and then placed on you. In my humble opinion, it was not particularly great. The stones got cold quickly. I prefer a good deep tissue massage. The etruscan chamber is a room where you and your spouse/partner/significant other can spread all sorts of muds on each other, and then shower off. The persian garden is a steam room with several different types of steams, and a shower area.

• 4 months later...

Personally, my favorite massage is the hot stone massage.

I too like a deep tissue massage, especially when my muscles get kinked up, but the best massages I've had have been the hot stone massages on the Summit. I've also had hot stone massages at other places some good and some bad. So the whole experience can very from fantastic to hardly worth it. But I've never had less than a great one amongst the three I've had on Celebrity.

In the massages I've had on Celebrity they start out with more of a traditional massage, at a level close to a deep tissue massage (they will always ask you to speak up if they are massaging too hard or the stones are too hot). Then they introduce the stones and use these to do the massage - and they transfer some nice deep heat in doing so. Then as they move from one area of your body to another they place hot stones on areas they've completed so that the heat can sink in.

The worst hot stone massage I had was at a spa where more or less all then did was a very light Swedish massage then spent most of the time just placing the stones on, then taking them off - and didn't use them to do the actual massaging. I've had a couple in between on different ships and different spas.

Archived