Alaskan Cruise Tours

shelly87

Hi all, 

I am looking into booking an Alaskan Cruise and would like to know anyones recommendations or advice as to what is best when rising alaska, North or South bound cruise tour?

Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank You 

I have done both a northbound and southbound cruisetour.  I enjoyed the southbound much better - the land portion had us moving constantly and I liked that once boarding the ship, I was able to relax more.  I would also recommend the connoisseur cruisetour that Princess offers - yes, it's more expensive - but on the tour that is 6 days on land, we got 14 food vouchers which includes the appetizer, entree, dessert and tip; a tour guide with you and  your group which is about 30 people who travel together; includes a couple of tours and the tip is taken care of by the tour guide. On the last day,  you tip the tour guide and they recommend $5 to $7 a day - well worth it!  I have my reservations in for June 2020 on Royal Princess - can't wait to once again enjoy the connoisseur tour and to share it with my 6 friends.