car rental in GC

ctcruiser2006

Hi everyone. We are taking our first cruise in FEB2006 and will be disembarking at Grand Cayman. I read a lot of reviews about renting our own vehicle and touring the island that way. Do you all have any suggestions on how to go about doing this? what company? Thanks the for response in advance and HAPPY CRUISING!

:)

We used Andy's. I think we paid $7.50 per person for a DL. There was also a fee of $2.00 for something else, but I can't remember what. We rented a car that was set up like the cars in the US. Driving was a snap. Andy's was by far the cheapest. We needed a car that would hold five and all our luggage.

There's an Andy's at the airport and one along 7-Mile Beach (next to Coconut Joe's Restaurant-and across from the Comfort Inn-I think). I would imagine they will pick you up at the port area, and return you when you drop off the vehicle. I'd personally drop off at the airport location, the 7MB area tends to get tied up with traffic.

If you mention the Cayman Activity Guide, you'll get a 10% discount.

http://www.andys.ky/

The great thing about renting a car is you can go out and explore the island. We went all over the place. There is so much more to see than the 7MB area. We loved the Boddentown area, and the east end. You can't really get lost...there's one main road around the island, and the side streets all lead back to the same place. :)

I would make the reservation early. We tried to make ours a few weeks ahead of time and they we're sold out of all the Jeeps and larger cars. Ended up being reserved for a Honda Civic. Which is OK but preferred the Jeep of course. Has anyone been put on a wait list for a larger car and received it upon arrival in Grand Cayman?

We are considering renting a car in June for our day in Grand Cayman. Actually, there are two families, so we'll be renting two cars. How early do you think we need to make the reservations? Thanks!

We reserved our vehicle six months in advance. We also saved several hundred dollars by using Andy's. I'd contact all of them, and compare prices and see what you are offered.

Andy's had lots of cars, but we needed a vehicle that could hold five (and lots of luggage), so as soon as I knew when we would be there, I started looking for a rental.

Archived