Two Rooms booked- switch people?

Hello!

I am faced with a possible dilemma. My friends and I have booked two connecting rooms on the Rhapsody this September. We have two individuals in one room and three in the other. There is a possibility that one of the people in the two person room can not make it any longer. We know her $250 is non refundable but was wondering if there is a possibility of either switching the remaining one person into the connecting room or moving one of the three into the room with just the one person left? Can we do this without losing anyone else's deposit?

Thanks!

Edited by jjka242

Switching one of the guests currently in the 3 person stateroom to the other stateroom should not cause a loss of deposit, but that third person's fare might be re-priced to current prices.

Do you have anyone that would like to take that spot?  You could just change the name on the reservation and then swap on board if you need to re-arrange rooms (and that would avoid possible repricing).  The key thing is make sure the one cancelling isn't the primary on that room, if they are you may want to also just go the no-show route I think and swap on board but I know someone with more experience would know better in that regard!

Somebody just asked a similar question here: 

Worst case, you can always swap rooms and get new key cards onboard. However there may a situation of the single person in the room getting double points unless you "officially" switch before the cruise.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Ideally we'd love to find another person to just swap her spot but as of right now- that doesn't look possible. We'd just like to make sure no one lost their deposit (besides person who is flaking) and we can all still enjoy our vacation to Greece. We'd ideally like to just move one person over from the room of three or if it comes down to it- moving me to the room of three. 

5 minutes ago, jjka242 said:

Thanks for the suggestions!

Ideally we'd love to find another person to just swap her spot but as of right now- that doesn't look possible. We'd just like to make sure no one lost their deposit (besides person who is flaking) and we can all still enjoy our vacation to Greece. We'd ideally like to just move one person over from the room of three or if it comes down to it- moving me to the room of three. 

Ken can confirm, but I believe when a 3rd (or higher) guest in a stateroom with a non-refundable deposit, cancels with a non-refundable deposit, their deposit is not lost or refunded, rather it is credited to the other guests in that stateroom.

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Ken can confirm, but I believe when a 3rd (or higher) guest in a stateroom with a non-refundable deposit, cancels with a non-refundable deposit, their deposit is not lost or refunded, rather it is credited to the other guests in that stateroom.

Interesting!  So maybe they should see if they can switch names and make the person cancelling the 3rd guest in the other room and then call back to officially cancel or swap that name later?  I'd first ensure they'd do it without repricing anyone, and if you already have any packages booked you may need to ensure those switch or rebook if they get cancelled!

3 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Interesting!  So maybe they should see if they can switch names and make the person cancelling the 3rd guest in the other room and then call back to officially cancel or swap that name later?  I'd first ensure they'd do it without repricing anyone, and if you already have any packages booked you may need to ensure those switch or rebook if they get cancelled!

If a guest has packages booked, and officially changes staterooms, I believe the packages get lost, and the guest would have to order again.

This is another situation Ken can confirm.

One of the big things in a situation like this is that if you were to move the third guest out of that room for 3 and add them to the room for two, you may be moved to different rooms.  Typically 2 guests can't occupy a room that is meant to accommodate 3 or 4.  But, in the end, that could save you money anyway, even with the $100 loss on the deposit for the guest that you've canceled.  It really all comes down to what rooms are available so your best best is to call and find out what your options are before you make any changes. 

5 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

That is correct.  The only time that the third persons deposit would be lost is if the 2 remaining guests in the room subsequently cancelled,  there would then be a $300 penalty and 3 FCC’s issued. 

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

If a guest has packages booked, and officially changes staterooms, I believe the packages get lost, and the guest would have to order again.

This is another situation Ken can confirm.

That has been my experience.  Packages and reservations are tied to the room and not the guest.  If you swap rooms and all guests move, i,e upgrading the packages  ove with you but if you swap people they don’t. 

57 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is correct.  The only time that the third persons deposit would be lost is if the 2 remaining guests in the room subsequently cancelled,  there would then be a $300 penalty and 3 FCC’s issued. 

55 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That has been my experience.  Packages and reservations are tied to the room and not the guest.  If you swap rooms and all guests move, i,e upgrading the packages  ove with you but if you swap people they don’t. 

Thanks for your help Ken.