Port Canaveral Hotel w/ Sleep & Cruise or 3rd party parking questions

abaci

We cruise out of Port Canaveral on DCL in October and this will be our first time out of this port and our fist time driving to a cruise port. We are spending Sunday night in Port Canaveral and our cruise leaves on Monday. Looking to probably do Kennedy Space Center on Sunday if it matters. I have only found 4 hotels that seem to offer sleep & cruise packages which are the Country Inn & Suits near the port, the Radisson near the port, the Best Western in Cocoa Beach and the Holiday Inn Express in Cocoa Beach. Are these the only 4? If I book with Country Inn & Suites and pre-pay the room is $164 for the night. 

I did find some sleep & cruise packages through goportcanaveral.com which has you parking in their lot off site of the hotel, but their site says they only have one shuttle that leaves the port upon returning and they "advise self-disembarking" so you don't miss it. So we aren't looking at this option.

I have found some fenced & Secured lots and a couple would allow us to park for $53 compared to the $85 parking directly at the port would cost. Combining one of these lots with some hotels in Titusville, Cocoa or Merritt Island I can do a hotel and 3rd party parking for $135 to $153. But your awfully close to just staying right in Port Canaveral.

I'm leaning towards the cruise and sleep package with Country Inn & Suites as it's close, includes breakfast and I'm only booking one thing. I'm assuming this is not a fenced in secured parking lot, but can anyone confirm? How do most people handle a hotel and parking for a cruise out of PC? Anything I'm missing or should be looking at? Are the hotel Sleep & Cruise packages the preferred way to handle this situation? Thanks in advance for the replies.

None of the hotels offer secured/fenced parking. The 4points has a garage and will be most secure.

But I 've not heard of anyone getting a car damaged or stolen from hotel sites in the area.

Most of the hotels here offer parking during the cruise. Just pick one you like. Country Inn is a great choice and one of the most popular cruise/park hotels. The lot is huge. See this - Country Inn for Cruisers

The goportcanaveral site is not fenced either but it is cheap. You can park there and Uber after your cruise and still save $$$$

Read here: Cruise Parking at or near Port Canaveral

Edited by SteerageJoe

15 hours ago, SteerageJoe said:

None of the hotels offer secured/fenced parking. The 4points has a garage and will be most secure.

But I 've not heard of anyone getting a car damaged or stolen from hotel sites in the area.

Most of the hotels here offer parking during the cruise. Just pick one you like. Country Inn is a great choice and one of the most popular cruise/park hotels. The lot is huge. See this - Country Inn for Cruisers

The goportcanaveral site is not fenced either but it is cheap. You can park there and Uber after your cruise and still save $$$$

Read here: Cruise Parking at or near Port Canaveral

How do you find out if the hotels to a sleep and cruise if it's not listed on their website? I've looked at many sites and don't see a mention of parking during the cruise which will cost more then a room. Not sure how to compare prices in my spreadsheet if they aren't listed on their sites.

I am in the process of looking a hotel too. I have looked at go port Canaveral .com (all on word) to and park sleep hotel.com too.  I keep seeing a hotel called International Palms Cocoa Beach but not sure how it is. The reviews are very mixed.