Tour Guide Barcelona

Barcelona is such an easy and safe city to tour on your own (with a good guide book) that most people do not hire guides there. If mobility isn't an issue, then it's a great 'strolling' city, esp. in the areas of La Rambla (the most famous street in Barcelona) and the Barri Gotic (Gothic) district, which is just off La Rambla.

There is a Tourist Bus to do the circuit to the main sites, or you can easily get to them by bus, subway or taxi. (We used the subway & for two days spent a total of 10E on tickets for the two of us.)

I think most people are surprised at how wonderful Barcelona is!

onthemove617,

We are going on a cruise leaving from Barcelona also so I have been gathering info. We will be there for 3 days prior to sailing. For good info check out the thread a little further down on this page entitled "Barcelona FAQ". There is some good info there.

As far as tours...I found this website recently www.gobarcelona.com that has typical 1/2 day and full day tours similar to what the cruise ships offer while in a port. Some are expensive but they have a great variety.

If you just want a guide to walk around with you I would check with your hotel concierge. Good luck!

KathiB

Thanks, I'll check the website. While we love to wonder, we have found that a good guide makes a huge difference in really understanding the city. We were specifically looking for a guide to see the works of Gaudi and perhaps a walk through the Gothic section of the ciity. We loved Seville but found that during our 5 days there, having a private guide for one day added tremendously to our enjoyment, understanding and appreciation of the city.

Thanks again, Rochelle/onthemove

Archived