Need Help, Millennium in Buenos Aires

bknauer

Can anyone help me?

We’re on the Millennium out of Buenos Aires next month. Our flight gets in early in the morning of the sailing. We purchased the flights and transfers through Celebrity. The boarding documentation indicates that the ship does not start boarding until 7:00 P.M.

What does Celebrity do with us between when we arrive in Buenos Aires and when we board the ship?

Hello,

We just got home from B.A. on the Millie. I suggest that you book a private tour/transfer instead of taking the Celebrity one. We had two wonderful days with a tour guide named Ana through Defrantur (www.defrantur.com)

The city tour was fun and we had a very relaxing time at an estancia yesterday. Perhaps since you have so much time, you can do both.

Enjoy!

Linda

Linda-E,

Thanks for the info. I’ll check out that web site.

We booked the cruise, air, and transfers all as one package. When we arrive it will be early morning after an overnight flight an I don’t think we’ll be up for much sight seeing the first day since my wife and I both have a hard time sleeping on planes.

We will have 2 days in BA when we get back and will look into sight seeing those days.

I’m concerned what they will do with us between when we arrive at the airport and when we can board the ship. There’s no information in the cruise documents. Will they put us in a hospitality suite? Is it near a beach? Should we pack swim suits in our carry on? Should we pack lighter cloths in our carry on since we will be coming from a winter climate?

I wish Celebrity would give us more information on how they are handling the transfers on the first day.

Before I call Celebrity (or my TA), I was hoping someone on this board would have the answer. Many people here have so much good information. I learn a lot from reading these boards.

I'm on that same cruise and I'm sure the answer to the question you asked would be useful to all arriving early a.m. in BA. Hope we get an answer.

BTW, I'd be interested in your flight arrangements since we don't have ours yet.

Can anyone help me?

We’re on the Millennium out of Buenos Aires next month. Our flight gets in early in the morning of the sailing. We purchased the flights and transfers through Celebrity. The boarding documentation indicates that the ship does not start boarding until 7:00 P.M.

What does Celebrity do with us between when we arrive in Buenos Aires and when we board the ship?

Mdsbarry,

Good to here from another person on our cruise. Check out the roll call board for our 2/19/06 Millennium cruise. We’re setting up a sail away party and getting to know each other before our cruise.

We’re on the AA flight CLE to DFW to EZE.

I’ve sent an email to our travel agent in case I don’t get any information here. Should here from him early next week. I’ll post the information when I get it.

OK, I got this information from the TA today. So, anyone going to Buenos Aires, and have the flights and transfers with Celebrity, here’s the scoop:

Transfers start from the Airport around 11:00AM. Customs, immigration, and baggage takes 30 to 60 minutes. They then transport you to the dock and boarding starts at 2:00PM. Should be on the ship by 3:00PM.

We’re on the AA flight CLE to DFW to EZE.

bknauer,

We are on the cruise before yours - leaving Santiago on 2/5. We are also flying from the Cleveland airport, through Dallas, to Santiago. (We live in Huron - near Cedar Point.)

We will leave the ship in good shape for you! :)

Bon Voyage!

Mary Lou

I am worried about the other end: Valparaiso to Santiago airport. We can't get the ship transfer because our flight is early. I am checking out some sites, but if anyone has the same problem let me know. The flight is to Madrid at 1 p.m. :confused:

It's a small world Mary Lou In Ohio.

I grew up between Castalia and Sandusky. Went to Margaretta High and EHOVE.

bknauer - It sure is a small world! :) Actually, my husband and I grew up in the Cleveland area, moving to Vermillion in 1999 and then later to Huron where we now live. It is a wonderful area.

Well, we leave for Santiago later today. We are having the usual travel apprehension -- "did I forget something?" We are going to being staying 2-nights precruise in Santiago/Vin del Mar. We have hired Defrantur Tours to handle all of our arrangements. We also have them for our post-cruise days in Buenos Aires/Iguazzu Falls.

We are very excited! I will post a review when we return. Hopefully you will also. I am very interested in your itinerary.

Mary Lou

We're on 3/5 Millie. Arriving around 7:30 a.m. in B.A. on the 5th. Celebrity told me there usually is not a long wait before a bus fills up to take us to the port. No sightseeing offered. Since we arranged our own air out of MIA (made a big savings doing it ourselves), we qualify for only two of the Valparaiso to Santiago Airport tours upon disembarkation. Neither interests us that much and I was wondering if anyone knows of an independent tour available for the trip between V and S. WE don't depart Santiago until 9 p.m. We like the tour that is only available to Cruise/Air passengers with Celebrity.

Linda,

From the above posting you were very happy with the Defrantur private tours. I E-mailed him about 10 days ago and indicated to him that I was interested for private tours in Buenos Aires as well as transfers from the airport to the hotel. I have not heard from him at all. How did you get hold of this person?

Yannis

Archived