Blue Foot Tours & Expeditions - Mazatlan Tropical Bike Adventure

marcia014

I booked in advance via email with Daniel, the owner and proprieter of the company.  This tour was a stretch for me, as I have lost ~100 pounds over the last year and haven't been on a bicycle in probably 25 years, and am very proud of myself for completing it and having fun!  Daniel kept an eye on me and made sure I was doing ok throughout the entire tour.  I came in to Mazatlan on the Carnival Splendor.  I was to meet Daniel at 8:00 at the entrance to the port.  We were not cleared to exit the ship until 8:25 and I was worried that Daniel wouldn't be there, but of course he was!  I met Daniel and the two others on our excursion (who were on the Grand Princess and arrived early) and he took us to his shop for bikes and helmets. We rode the bikes back to the marina on the local streets and took a local water taxi across to Stone Island.  Daniel paid for the transport and arranged the bicycles on the boat for us. We biked over to Cerro de los Chivas (Goat Hill) and hiked up the hill.  It became too steep for me, and I waited about 2/3 of the way up while the rest of the group with Daniel climbed to the top.  Daniel was very concerned but respectful about my decision to stay behind, and took very good care of me when we walked back down. We then biked to the town and stopped at a local home where the residents make a local dessert using coconut and mango. We all tried one, and they were wonderful! We kept biking down toward the beach and saw beautiful views, the "City of Tomorrow" and some of the botanical gardens.  There were a few areas where we were biking on sand, and that was very hard!  Next, we went to Lety's on the Beach and had lunchand a drink (provided as part of the tour). Daniel recommended the coconut shrimp, and it was wonderful! Finally, we rode back to the water taxi then back to the shop to turn in our bikes and helmets. Daniel drove us back to the cruise terminal in the company's VW Combi, and our day ended. I would highly recommend this tour and Daniel was a wonderful guide. We learned a lot of history, local legends, and were able to ask any question and Daniel would answer fully and honestly. Thank you Daniel for a great day!!!

https://bluefoot.mx/

Edited by marcia014
  • Like 1