Having trouble finding drink info., etc. on Crown

tenyears

Hi everyone. My husband and I are considering a 7 day Bermuda cruise on the NCL Crown from Philadelphia in May. I'm trying to come up with what I think would be a logical total cost for us before booking. I'm a veteran on message boards but for some reason can't figure out how to search these boards. :rolleyes: So please forgive me if these questions have been asked ten million times......

1. If a soda/beverage card is not purchased, what all would we be allowed to drink for free? Would coffee be free? And tap water?

2. How much is a soda/beverage card?

3. How much do alcoholic beverages cost - beer and wine. I think I know the answer to this, but are you permitted to bring ANY wine on board? I know there is some sort of bar service.....do people buy bottles and actually bring them to the dining room with them, or are they purchased for consumption in the room?

4. What would be an average cost for an excursion?

I was able to find tip information, at least!

Thanks for your patience!

1. Coffee is free, ice tea is free, water not in bottles is free, tea is free. Cappicino, expresso is free in the dinning room.

2. On the NCL site it tells you the cost of a seven day soda card. http://www.ncl.com/more/bon_voyage_list.htm#refill

soda prices ordering gifts(the honeymoor package is a bargain)

3. Soda in cans is $1.50 plus 15% tip. You can bring you own soda/bottled water on if you want.

4. Beer is about 3.50 - $4.00 but may recently gone up. They have specials buy a helmet with 5 get the sixth free. Drinks are about

$4-7 depending on your order Wine starts at about $20 and goes up to beyond my price range. You don't have to finish the bottle they will tag it for you and you can get it the next day etc. Bringing wine is a no no and the corkage is something beyond me.

There is no average cost of an excursion they can be from $20.00 to $200.00 depending on what they are. They are again listed on the NCL website with prices. http://www.ncl.com/more/index.htm

I've done the Crown to Bermuda and its was fun/

I took the Crown to Bermuda last year out of NY. You can cut costs by NOT booking excursions with NCL. The bus pass in Bermuda ran I think $28- for a three day unlimited ride pass. You can get to anywhere you want. Bermuda itself is very expensive. For example to eat off the ship your looking at $3- for a candy bar and $5- for a can of soda. I have been there three times and will go back every year.. Its the most beautiful place in the world to me.

Help what is a "soda card"?

Have cruised many times but on Uk based lines and have no idea what a soda card would cover.

We are on the "Sun" later this year and would love to know if it is worth purchasing one of these on board ship.

Cheers

Help what is a "soda card"?

Have cruised many times but on Uk based lines and have no idea what a soda card would cover.

We are on the "Sun" later this year and would love to know if it is worth purchasing one of these on board ship.

Cheers

The soda card gets you unlimited FOUNTAIN soda. it does not cover soda in cans. You have to drink a lot of it to make it worthwhile. I prefer to just pay for the cans as I want them.

NCL drink prices recently went up. We sailed Crown in October and then Majesty in December. The prices went up between the 2 cruises, so we had quite a surprise. The bartenders said the increase was fleet wide. To add insult to injury, at the same time, they did away with the discount for Latitudes members in a designated bar and also did away with the helmet of beer special. You can still get the helmet, but you pay for all 6. Previously, it was buy 5 get 1 free. I have a bar menu and will give you a sampling.

Domestic beer 3.95

Imported beer 4.50

"Cocktail Classics" (Black Russian, Bloody Mary, Pina Colada etc.) 5.50

"Cream cocktails" (Brandy Alexander, Grasshopper, etc.) 5.75

"Shotz" (Kamikaze, Mud slide, etc.) 3.50

Gin 5.25 - 5.50

Tequilas 5.25 - 10.25

Whiskey 5.25 - 12.00

Martini - 7.00

Liqueurs 5.50

Soft Drinks -Fountain 1.25; Can 1.75

Wines start at about $26/bottle - they also did away with the wine deal where you could buy 5 or 6 bottles and get 1 free

Thanks to all for the information on the card and the drinks prices.

Don´t think we´ll be buying a soda card.

Drinks prices don´t seem to bad for the UK but where we live ( Spain) they are expensive.Have to remember the "bad old days" when we lived in the UK:mad:

Still looking forward to the cruise despite the drinks prices. A bottle of a Gran Reserva Rioja in a top restaurant only costs us about 20 euros and 5 euros in supermarket.:)

Archived