Are child scooters allowed in luggage?

anka-morfin

I was wondering if child scooters are allowed in luggage on board and to take on and off the ship. Not mobility scooters but regular kids scooters, we can fold them to put them in luggage. We’re going on msc Mediterranean cruise next week. Very port intensive and our kids are 7 and 4 so with scooters they’re like different people. But without them high potential for whining 🙂 I was wondering if we can take scooters and of course we won’t use them on the ship. But would it be allowed to take them on and off the ship in carry on luggage for the port days.

633F6683-7935-42E2-B264-7F9ECD200AC4.jpeg

Edited by anka-morfin

While I can't say for certain that you can or cannot, there were some children who had skateboards with them and used them the instant they got off the ship in Valencia yesterday. So if they had skateboards I would imagine scooters being okay. This is on Divina if that helps. We would ask the security individuals as we pass by, but they have been very stoic, barely even get a good morning or afternoon from them. 

-Macon and Shane

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 12:05 PM, anka-morfin said:

I was wondering if child scooters are allowed in luggage on board and to take on and off the ship. Not mobility scooters but regular kids scooters, we can fold them to put them in luggage. We’re going on msc Mediterranean cruise next week. Very port intensive and our kids are 7 and 4 so with scooters they’re like different people. But without them high potential for whining 🙂 I was wondering if we can take scooters and of course we won’t use them on the ship. But would it be allowed to take them on and off the ship in carry on luggage for the port days.

633F6683-7935-42E2-B264-7F9ECD200AC4.jpeg

The worst that could happen is that they hold them until your cruise is over, (I am guessing).

Great picture.  

5 hours ago, stp_mmh5 said:

While I can't say for certain that you can or cannot, there were some children who had skateboards with them and used them the instant they got off the ship in Valencia yesterday. So if they had skateboards I would imagine scooters being okay. This is on Divina if that helps. We would ask the security individuals as we pass by, but they have been very stoic, barely even get a good morning or afternoon from them. 

-Macon and Shane

Thank you so much! That's good to know. I anticipate that on check in they won't even look like scooters because we fold them

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, anka-morfin said:

Just following up - we did take scooters and MSC had no issues with them whatsoever! They literally saved our trip with little ones :) Thank you all for advice!

Glad you came back to update/post.  Your kids are adorable!