Bar Credit/4 Drink Coupons?

trustthedj

I know this was discussed last week, but I never really understood the bottom line. Are they worth it? We are beer drinkers, but our guests like the "foo-foo" drinks. As I understood the discussion, they were not a great deal if getting beer, but possibly for specialty drinks. I'm confused, please help!

I wouldn't look at them as a "deal"... basically look at them as a way to "pre pay" your drinks... then use them on drinks that are $4.25 or higher... I have used them on higher priced drinks and have not had a problem... really depends on the bartender.

They're not really a savings so to speak.. What I like about them is they keep your tab down while onboard.. I like to buy one set of 4 each payday that way I can pay ahead and wont have to worry about having such a high bill once we are there.. and if you have any left you can use them for your next cruise.. I've used them on several cruises and only once have they made me pay the difference for the drink vs the coupon worth.. but even then it was just a small difference..

We had pre-purchased 20 coupons for our cruise last month and probably will purchase even more for our next cruise. We were able to use them anywhere on the ship and used them only for Miami Vices, Becks beer and DOD refills in the CCL cup. Every crew member we used these with were very nice about accepting the tickets. I just like the fact I can prepurchase these throughout the year before our cruise

I used them last week. They were a Christmas gift. They are only good for drinks under $4.75. Last cruise I used them on it was $4.95. The frozen drinks I ordered as in Margirita are $4.95. I was given a hard time about 50% of the time, but was always given the drink.

We have used the coupons in the past and never had a hard time. I like them cause I don't need to worry about the added drinks on my bill. We save a few cents, but it was worth it. We already have purchased some for our cruise in April

Macwoman

We have used the coupons in the past and never had a hard time. I like them cause I don't need to worry about the added drinks on my bill. We save a few cents, but it was worth it. We already have purchased some for our cruise in April

Macwoman

Archived