What's the latest on Armonia gelato & easy drinks package?

globalhoneymooning

I'm sailing on MSC Armonia for the first time later this month and wondering if gelato is still free and will I still be able to order zero-proof cocktails and a shot of alcohol to mix in... or has that changed with the very recent drink packages news?

Also, how good is the Cuban entertainment onboard during the overnight in Havana? I've been researching Tropicana, Buena Vista Social Club and Cabaret Parisien and the reviews are so-so (overpriced, crowded, smoke-filled, etc). TIA

On 4/15/2019 at 10:15 AM, globalhoneymooning said:

I'm sailing on MSC Armonia for the first time later this month and wondering if gelato is still free and will I still be able to order zero-proof cocktails and a shot of alcohol to mix in... or has that changed with the very recent drink packages news?

Also, how good is the Cuban entertainment onboard during the overnight in Havana? I've been researching Tropicana, Buena Vista Social Club and Cabaret Parisien and the reviews are so-so (overpriced, crowded, smoke-filled, etc). TIA

We thought the Cuban entertainment was very good. It was held on the pool deck on our sailing March 25. The costumes and dancing were beautiful. I wasn’t able to get good pictures because of the artificial lighting and wish it had been in the theater instead. The Tropicana show is so late at night that we did not book it because we had a full day of touring planned for the next day with a 9 am meeting of the tour guide. Cuba is beautiful! We enjoy it so much that this was our second cruise to Cuba, last August on Carnival and again in March. 

• Like 1

Just off the Armonia Monday.

Gelato was free, but only chocolate, strawberry and vanilla were available. I believe there are more flavors on the other ships. 

The bar staff was great at helping me navigate the Easy package. Yes, you can order a zero proof cocktail plus a shot (or double shot) of alcohol. Nine times out of ten, the bartender would just mix it for me but on a few occasions I received them in separate glasses. 

I was not onboard for the Cuban entertainment. Like you, I did not like the price tag of the popular cabarets so  I booked a free Nightlife walking tour through Strawberry Tours. You just tip your guide and buy your own refreshments along the way. We went to 3 different bar/pubs. You can order whatever you want, but the guide will tell you what the best local drink is and that's what I went with. We even got a group salsa lesson at one of the stops. It was a lot of fun. 

11 hours ago, globalhoneymooning said:

Thanks, CloverRose. Was the onboard Cuban show an extra charge? I read another post indicating there was a charge on their sailing in 2018.

No extra charge. For the best seats, it is good to go early to the pool deck. The regular shows are good, too. The theater is rather small as the ship added cabins. You should go early to get good seats. The acrobats were especially talented.