murder mystery dinner

I'm planning to do mystery dinner on the Explorer in Jan 07. The only thing I have found out is that the group of diners start in a lounge for cocktails then moves to Portifinos for the dinner, the players act between the 5 courses. The total cost (cocktails, dinner, play) is $49.95pp. The timing is from 6:45 to 10:00pm. Not sure how correct this info is. So Please anyone that has done this dinner chime in.

My wife and I just returned from the Jewel yesterday and went to the Murder Mystery on that cruise. It started off in the Safari Lounge at 6:45 for a short narrated play where the "murder" ocurred and you get to meet all the suspects. They served free champagne and canapes. After about 30 minutes we moved over to Portofino for dinner and the conclusion of the mystery. You had two choices for dinner. Ours were a beef filet with cabernet sauce or garlic tiger shrimp. We both had the filet which was excellent. They also served complimentary white or red wine.

One of the suspects sat at your table for the first three courses (appetizer, salad and entree). You were given suspect slips - much like the ones used in the game of Clue. You could ask any questions you liked. Around dessert time, the other suspects came to your table for about 60 seconds where you could ask them questions as well.

Was a fun night and a good meal - something different.

Thanks Max, your info has helped make up my mind about spending the extra money on the dinner. For me I don't think I will be doing that dinner. I thought there was more inter action with the diners within the play as I've seen in other dinners.

Max,

Do you recall which night was the Mystery Dinner? and when did you sign up?

Also, (as we are on the 8 day in March) did you notice if Chops and/or Portofinos was open for lunch on sea days?

Last, how did the immigration process work at St Thomas?

Thanks a lot,

bobj

Max,

I knew I had seen your posts somewhere else! I was booked in 1532 and you were in the same or next door. I actually changed my cabin to 1552, but can I ask both how was the location for 1532 and how was the GS?

Thanks a lot, sounds like you had a great cruise, hope to do the same in March.

bobj

Archived