QM2 Passengers Reconcile Their Differences

snowshovel

QM2 Passengers Reconcile Their Differences

Sorry, that headline is a big lie. It is a dream though, a hope for better times for both passengers and crew. There was another headline bouncing around in my head, but it was a lie too: “QM2 runs out of caviar”. It was this elegant gala affair, unending Champaign and caviar for all who came, Manhattans and canapés for those who preferred a different bite. The theme of this magnificent event, TIME OUT: the rigors of the past days can be taken up again tomorrow, but this evening is to enjoy. Anyone attending who even hinted at the tribulations of yesterday had to immediately finish their drink, spin around three times and be given another drink. This is a tough rule, but somebody had to set the standard. Anyway, in this scenario, all of the caviar aboard was eaten. Some people had to spin around three times after that and switch to canapés, but for the most part a great time was had by all. For one night, when people looked into each others eyes, they knew this was what they came for. Of course that’s not the lie I’m going with.

It’s the other lie. The reconciliation lie from hell. Nobody’s going to reconcile if what they came for has already been eaten. Oops, I’m back on that caviar thing again. Okay, I’ve got it. Nobody’s going to reconcile if the caviar is still there but no one is eating it. You can’t reconcile while eating a peanut butter sandwich. Some people physically can’t make a sound with peanut butter in their mouth. I can, but I have the gift. Caviar and reconciliation, that’s the plan. Champaign and other drinks too. Leaders, talking about how their going to make this cruise put a smile on faces. And when they’ve figured it out, they present at this gala affair. Presenters, QM2 officers and passenger representatives alike, will not only put forth the whole plan, they will also take turns helping with the spinning from time to time. This isn’t going to be simple. All leaders, officers, passenger representatives, maybe even an appointed referee, must have full permission to make decisions and agreements on behalf of their group. If this happens, I guarantee all the caviar will be eaten, and if you look around, someone will be smiling at you. It’s what they came for.

Let it be known as the Crybaby Cruise. How can I survive if I haven't visited Barbados? probably only a small number of passengers trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Some jerk complaining they were now on a voyage, not a cruise. Huh?

Archived