Group Cruise Question

SpringTxGal

I think the above are on the Adventure of the Seas and the Serenade...

Here is one on the Carnival Legend... 8 days... Look at all those sea days!!!! :D

Fri Ft Lauderdale

Sat Sea

Sun Sea

Mon St Maarten

Tue Barbados

Wed Martinique

Thu Sea

Fri Sea

Sat Ft Lauderdale

Yeah, that's a little heavy on the Sea days. How about Princess? Do they have any interesting itineraries?

:confused:

They have the Golden Princess and the Crown Princess that do these...

San Juan

St Thomas

St Kitts

Grenada

Isla Margarita

Aruba

Sea

San Juan

And

San Juan

Sea

Barbados

St Lucia

Antigua

St Maarten

St Thomas

San Juan

Someone I work with keeps trying to shove RCL down my throat, so I'm not real hot on that one either!:rolleyes: I think we're Princess material!;) and if we have the $$ who's to say we aren't. Would not consider HAL either!

Definitely not HAL!!! YIKES!!! I'd like to try Princess... I'm going on RCL next month, not by choice, but hey...it's a cruise :D Hopefully Carnival will rearrange some of their ships/schedules when the Freedom comes out... They really need some work on their itineraries. But that Golden Princess cruise does have an awesome itinerary!! The balcony cabins on that cruise are listing at $1049... so that's not too bad.

My youngest son and his then fiancee (now wife) went on Princess last Thanksgiving. Other than never cruising over a Holiday they really liked it.

Here's a kicker, return airfare on Sunday after Thanksgiving back to Philly cost more than their mini-suite on the ship!:eek: :eek:

I know... air is not cheap to SJ. Right now, this Oct from RDU would be $450... which isn't terrible, but it's going to be much higher for alot of people. Still hoping a good one will pop up out of somewhere closer... Good thing is, there is still plenty of time :D

Okay, the other thing... the itins above are for RCL... I will put some Carnival ones in, but I really like those RCL itineraries... is anyone going to be partial to Carnival?? Who knows, maybe the Freedom will do a Southern or Eastern... or they will add a few more. I have not been on Destiny, but it is not one that screams out to me either...

As much as I love CCL, I'd like to try a new line, just like I'd like to try a new part of the Caribbean!

Of course, DD20 just called and told me she got in a car accident. Her fault.

Did I mention that her deductible is $1k??? On my policy??? I think I'm gonna get sick. :(

Here is one on the Carnival Legend... 8 days... Look at all those sea days!!!! :D

Fri Ft Lauderdale

Sat Sea

Sun Sea

Mon St Maarten

Tue Barbados

Wed Martinique

Thu Sea

Fri Sea

Sat Ft Lauderdale

We like the ships, but we don't like 'em that much! :eek:

I'm out if you do RCL or Panama Canal. Neither are of interest to me. :(

I'm with BB1. No RCI for me either--three cruises with them was enough. And, I've been all the way through the Canal and once is enough of that as well.

Would love to return to St Kitts, and Barbados is an all-time favorite of mine (lots of sea turtles and flying fish).

If thinking of San Juan as the departure port, I would select a Princess cruise. From personal experience and from reading numerous reviews Princess tends to attract the least amount of local cruisers. While I've nothing against the fine people of Puerto Rico, I am just not interested in cruising when the primary language spoken onboard is not English.

Aaahhh, selection and planning of a cruise--my favorite part of the cruise experience! :D

Enjoy the day!

Fri Ft Lauderdale

Sat Sea

Sun Sea

Mon St Maarten

Tue Barbados

Wed Martinique

Thu Sea

Fri Sea

Sat Ft Lauderdale

My liver is starting to shut down with me just thinking of all the sea days:eek:

The Eastern or Southern I believe I could even convince Beth to do.

I can only imagine the warm welcome the S&S III grope would receive on Martinique, though... (if said Southern itinerary is chosen)

Randy, you still owe us a drink from our missed Coz connection, so that's more ammo to use on the ol DW;)

I'm with BB1. No RCI for me either--three cruises with them was enough. And, I've been all the way through the Canal and once is enough of that as well.

Would love to return to St Kitts, and Barbados is an all-time favorite of mine (lots of sea turtles and flying fish).

If thinking of San Juan as the departure port, I would select a Princess cruise. From personal experience and from reading numerous reviews Princess tends to attract the least amount of local cruisers. While I've nothing against the fine people of Puerto Rico, I am just not interested in cruising when the primary language spoken onboard is not English.

Aaahhh, selection and planning of a cruise--my favorite part of the cruise experience!

Without getting myself in trouble I must admit I have not heard great things about Carnival departures from SJU. Kind of puts me in mind of our "Panamanian Experience" on the Valor Vampires!

:o

LOL.......Bunkie...I so get the Valor reference.....lol:D

Appleboy...you owe ME a drink...I was there!:D

GC, you KNOW our grope could sail on ANY ship and have fun....One of my fav things on the Grand Princess was the big screen on the lido and leaving on a saturday...BECAUSE.There is no other way to watch football that on the lido deck, on a HUGE screen that is TOTALLY clear even in daylight, at sea, and people bringing you drinks.....MAN...Got to see Steelers come back and beat the Bengals a few weeks ago and what a party!.....Plus the disco was fun and the food was better than RCI and the same or nearly as good as Carnival....But I'm still a Carny fan and now that they are having BIG SCREENS...I'm loving it.:D

Yup, this grope will have fun anywhere!!! I think we'll start to see some new itineraries and changes when Freedom comes out... Schedules should be out for Oct 2007 soon... I'll go through what the options are for October 07 once they are out, and we'll do a poll :D LOL

Archived