Currency query

t60

Cruising to Brazil and Argentina later this year and I understand their currencies aren't readily available outside their own countries. Need advice or experiences on getting local currency, is it better to use UK or Spanish bank card in local ATM, or to take hard cash to convert when we arrive. Which would be best Euros, sterling or dollars? Are there ATMs at the ports, are the exchange rates reasonable? Last time we were in Argentina there were 2 rates of exchange depending on how/where money was exchanged, I think I remember see exchange booths/cambios on the streets.I have read that sometimes shops etc will take dollars and give change in local currency.

In Argentina it is best to use cambios instead of ATM--fees are high, cash limit is low.  Most will only change US $100 bills, not sure about Euros.  Some will do $50 bills.  It is hard to get Argentine pesos in advance because inflation is high.  Not sure about Brazil.  In 2017 there was no Brazilian currency available on our ship so we changed for what we needed with a cab driver.  Don't know what is happening now.