Britannia dancing?

yesididit

12 minutes ago, yesididit said:

Anyone know if the Crystal room still exists? Can't find mention of it on P&O website, wonder if it's been converted to something else.

If still there,is there still ballroom dancing?

Thank you

We haven’t been on Britannia for a while but yes as far as I am aware the crystal room still exists for ballroom dancers.

Hopefully others that have recently been on Britannia can confirm.

6 hours ago, Clodia said:

Got off Britannia last weekend. Yes the Crystal Room exists and yes there's dancing every night. As my cruise was a "Strictly" cruise it was VERY busy day and night.

That's good to hear, thanks for the confirmation.:classic_biggrin:

Ballroom and Sequence dancing is available on all of P&O’s current fleet and it’s one of the things we enjoy about P&O.

It’s IONA that’s the unknown.

We are booked on her next year so I guess we will find out then.

2 hours ago, Monorail Orange said:

On non-SCD cruises, how is the Crystal Room generally? Is it a walk-up or a get-there-early venue?

We have found on non SCD P&O cruises that the Ballroom Dancing venues are Walk Up with no need to get there early.

4 hours ago, yesididit said:

Thanks all, I wonder why P&O don't mention it anymore? Perhaps going out of favour..

Britannia and Oriana only ships that have a worthwhile dance floor

Please don't forget Aurora’s Carmen’s.

Its has one of the largest dance floors in P&Os current fleet and is one of our favourite P&O dance venues.

Edited by P-L-B
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, yesididit said:

Aurora , I didn't know that, is it dedicated or like Oceana in the bottom of the atrium with everyone walking through? I'm looking into this now...thank you

No, they have no need to use the atrium on Aurora as Carmen,s is a dedicated room for dancing. Prom deck, aft.

Masquerade's prom deck midship sometimes gets confused with Carmen's.

We will be onboard Oceana soon and they do use the Atrium, however we make the most of it and have a good time.

Azura and Ventura also use the atrium for dancing.

Iona, as yet unknown regarding Ballroom Dancing.

Edited by P-L-B

Just come off Britannia and Crystal Room dancing was fine. The floor is rectangular and is of quite a good size. They work the hall with alternating 45 minute sets of live music (good band & singer- I forget their name) and 45 minute sessions of recorded music controlled by the dance teachers. The dancing goes on until close to midnight. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ranchi said:

Just come off Britannia and Crystal Room dancing was fine. The floor is rectangular and is of quite a good size. They work the hall with alternating 45 minute sets of live music (good band & singer- I forget their name) and 45 minute sessions of recorded music controlled by the dance teachers. The dancing goes on until close to midnight. 

Thanks for taking the time to Confirm all is well regarding Britannia and it's Crystal Room.💃

Yes thanks for confirmation.

Just found dance floor sizes on P&O website and it's got to be a joke.

Britannia 4 x 7 

Oceana 50 sq m what? Almost twice as big as Britannia?

Oriana, Harlequins 109 yet the Pacific lounge is 172

Bizarrely Arcadia has 136m up in the crows nest

I can't believe it, figure lies or statistics?

I think brochure info needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. The floor on Britannia is rectangular and quite wide but relatively shallow so it is not as easy to negotiate as those on Oriana and Aurora but I didn’t feel it was approx 1/3rd the size Harlequins. The thing about Oceana is that they don’t/didn’t use the floor for dancing but rather used the atrium (as they do on Azura). 

1 hour ago, Ranchi said:

I think brochure info needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. The floor on Britannia is rectangular and quite wide but relatively shallow so it is not as easy to negotiate as those on Oriana and Aurora but I didn’t feel it was approx 1/3rd the size Harlequins. The thing about Oceana is that they don’t/didn’t use the floor for dancing but rather used the atrium (as they do on Azura). 

I totally agree with Ranchi regarding the analysis of the dance floors on Britannia, Oriana and Aurora.

They are all good but as Ranchi points out some are easier to negotiate than others.

IMO, they are 3 of the best dance floors in the fleet and I would put Aurora, Oriana and Britannia in that order as regards making the best use of the dance floor area.

On 4/30/2019 at 6:54 PM, yesididit said:

Yes thanks for confirmation.

Just found dance floor sizes on P&O website and it's got to be a joke.

Britannia 4 x 7 

Oceana 50 sq m what? Almost twice as big as Britannia?

Oriana, Harlequins 109 yet the Pacific lounge is 172

Bizarrely Arcadia has 136m up in the crows nest

I can't believe it, figure lies or statistics?

Thanks for finding this information.

I agree, there's something not right with the Arcadia figure. For one, the dance floor in the Crows Nest is tiny, only about 10' by 10'. Plus I've never seen dancing up there. 😄 And they also use the dance floor in The Globe on occasions., but what the size of that is, I have no idea.

I'm guessing that figure is for the Retreat room - next to Sindu, which is a bit out of the way.

3 hours ago, Monorail Orange said:

Thanks for finding this information.

I agree, there's something not right with the Arcadia figure. For one, the dance floor in the Crows Nest is tiny, only about 10' by 10'. Plus I've never seen dancing up there. 😄 And they also use the dance floor in The Globe on occasions., but what the size of that is, I have no idea.

I'm guessing that figure is for the Retreat room - next to Sindu, which is a bit out of the way.

Oceana, Azura and Ventura normally use the atrium for ballroom and sequence dancing in the evenings.

Other venues are sometimes used for club/disco type dancing.

Edited by P-L-B

Just to add to the above, Arcadia usually use the Globe (deck 2 midship) in the evenings for ballroom and sequence dancing although the floor is smaller than on Aurora's Carmens, Oriana's Harequins and Britannia's Crystal Room.

Edited by P-L-B