Fountain fun cards

tammk

Our cards actually said "Soda and juice Card" on them.

Have they changed the look of them? That juice thing must be something new...Our Fountain fun cards (from previous cruises) were those Blue, red and white cards - I just looked at them and ours say Good for Fountain Soda only. :confused:

Have they changed the look of them? That juice thing must be something new...Our Fountain fun cards (from previous cruises) were those Blue, red and white cards - I just looked at them and ours say Good for Fountain Soda only. :confused:

Since September, both cruises we went on had this style cards, that say for fountain sodas and juices on them.

Image042.jpg.e559f65e26464717bcf02b0f5c6dd948.jpg

My recollection from my cruise on the Legend is that the sodas were not fountain soda, but soda poured from a can. However, many of the sodas I got were flat, b/c they only use half a can for each passenger so they sometimes sit around for a while. Has it changed to fountain soda? (that would be a better idea, IMO).

I wish it were Pepsi :(

You can get the usual, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, plus you can get Pibb, Ginger Ale, Root Beer (I think), and request whatever you want, unless the waiter is rude.

Tell your kids that they shouldn't take any crap from the bartenders, and if they are being ignored for service, they should speak up. Some of the bartenders ignore kids altogether, and it is quite disrespectful. The bar is for alcohol as well as pop, and adults should never be served first unless they were waiting before the kids.

Ok, did you know that kids can always get sodas with ttheir meals if you ask. It does not require the fountain card, and in fact the fountain card cannot be used in the dining room, probably because soft drinks are already available upon request with children's dining room meals.

Dr. Pepper has not been availabel on our past 4 cruises. I get them in the pharmacy or grocery store in Cozumel when we stop sometimes.

Shawn

Dr. Pepper has not been availabel on our past 4 cruises. I get them in the pharmacy or grocery store in Cozumel when we stop sometimes.

No, but they have Pibb, which is pretty similar. A bit less fizzy, but if you're a fan of the Dr., this should do.

Ok, did you know that kids can always get sodas with ttheir meals if you ask. It does not require the fountain card, and in fact the fountain card cannot be used in the dining room, probably because soft drinks are already available upon request with children's dining room meals.

Really? I always had to use my card with the waiter who came by, but after a few dinners, he remembered us and the card was not necessary. Is this for children under 12, or under 18? How did you find out about this?

Since September, both cruises we went on had this style cards, that say for fountain sodas and juices on them.

Thanks for the pic!!! Yep...they do look different from what we've had in the past!!! Something new for the scrapbook when we get home!! ;)

Tell your kids that they shouldn't take any crap from the bartenders, and if they are being ignored for service, they should speak up. Some of the bartenders ignore kids altogether, and it is quite disrespectful. The bar is for alcohol as well as pop, and adults should never be served first unless they were waiting before the kids.

Absolutely!! We learned right away where some of the jerky bartenders were...and just didn't use them again!!! :mad: Meanies!

There was this GREAT bartender along Carnival Blvd on the Promenade area on the Paradise though ('03). We had the kids along and we would set time aside each day to do homework and journaling...the kids would set up at one of the tables and the bartender would supply them with chips and a cup full of maraschino cherries (they learned really early in the trip that they loved those!). That was so nice I thought!!

I have used my soda card for soda in the dining room at dinner. In fact, after a couple nights, the cocktail waitress usually takes it upon herself to bring me my soda without my ordering it. Of course, she was tipped. I also have used the card when ordering from the deck servers. No questions asked.

I have used my soda card for soda in the dining room at dinner. In fact, after a couple nights, the cocktail waitress usually takes it upon herself to bring me my soda without my ordering it. Of course, she was tipped. I also have used the card when ordering from the deck servers. No questions asked.

It's nice to tip the hostess, but the price of the soda card already includes a tip.

I seem to recall the wait staff bringing the sodas to dinner when we had the card, not the bar staff... We tipped well on the last night.

Archived