Booking Cruise on Chase UR Points

LynnTH

I have a question.  I am looking at a cruise for December 2020.  Looking to use Chase UR Points to book.  (Previously did this with a Carnival Cruise).  All the fares coming up are non-refundable.  With the cruise so far away and having 2 kids in college coming home for the cruise - I know things can change so would like a refundable fare.

Does anyone know if when the change "Sales" if maybe the deposit will come down (they want $1000 for the 4 of us right now) or if they may then offer refundable fares to be booked?

If you are choosing a category of JS or lower, and not choosing a guarantee category, then you should have the choice of refundable deposit.

You may have to go through almost the entire booking process to see the option to get a refundable deposit.  If you can't get to this, then you can call Royal (or a travel agent) to get refundable deposit pricing.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

If you are choosing a category of JS or lower, and not choosing a guarantee category, then you should have the choice of refundable deposit.

You may have to go through almost the entire booking process to see the option to get a refundable deposit.  If you can't get to this, then you can call Royal (or a travel agent) to get refundable deposit pricing.

Thanks.  I went in and entered all our info, like I was going to book and then the non-refundable rate came up.  Only $70-$100 more per cabin depending on what cabin I choose.  So, I'm assuming Chase would be able to bring that up also - just need to go through the booking process first.  

4 hours ago, LynnTH said:

Thanks.  I went in and entered all our info, like I was going to book and then the non-refundable rate came up.  Only $70-$100 more per cabin depending on what cabin I choose.  So, I'm assuming Chase would be able to bring that up also - just need to go through the booking process first.  

You probably know this, but when booking a cruise through the Chase agency using the Sapphire travel reward multiplier, you can only make the first payment with points. You can choose to pay off the whole cruise up front with points, but all subsequent payments must be through a normal payment method. 

12 hours ago, MechE31 said:

You probably know this, but when booking a cruise through the Chase agency using the Sapphire travel reward multiplier, you can only make the first payment with points. You can choose to pay off the whole cruise up front with points, but all subsequent payments must be through a normal payment method. 

Thanks. Yeah - I know that I have one chance to use the points.  I have plenty to cover the cruise. It is nice with the Sapphire Reserve to get it at 1.5 value.  Now that I know I can get a refundable fare  - might as well book.  Same cruise for this December is already $1000 more.  So, booking early has its benefits.