Using the free/reduced airfare flying from the west coast to the east coast

farjar

We are contemplating a cruise out of Port Canaveral that offers free/reduced airfare but need to fly in from the west coast.  Looking at various airline options NCL might use, even the earliest departure flights going west to east seem to arrive too late for a 5:00pm sailing.  How do they handle that situation? Do they use red-eye flights?  Do we have to fly in the day before, pay the extra fee, then stay in the hotel they book for us? Any insight you may have had with a similar situation would be appreciated.

Hi, I am doing the same thing as you.  I live in BC, so my flight will be from Vancouver to Miami.  Not sure how they will do this.  In the past when they have done our air, it was across Canada to Toronto or Montreal an then down to Miami.  Flight times weren't bad, but we always have had to fly in the day before.  The next cruise I have booked isn't until 2021 but I have free air.  I paid the extra 30 bucks to have them fly me in 2 days early into Miami.  I will pay the cost of the hotel which is fine, I'd rather pick because the last time they did, the hotel was a bit of a nightmare, AND I never do their shuttles anymore, nope.....I like having some control over it and not having to wait for the masses....  For peace of mind, I would suggest paying the extra little bit and flying in the day before if you can change that now as you won't have to stress about a tight schedule.  They will book it so you won't miss your cruise for sure but it might not be an ideal flight.

Leah

We are using the free airfare perk- leave 3 weeks from today. We are flying from Indiana to Miami. We found out flight information 60 days out. We arrive on Saturday for a Sunday cruise. 

We are on American Airlines- nonstop flight from Indianapolis directly to Miami. We leave about 6:45AM and arrive by 9:30AM. I was able to book aisle seats at no charge for all 4 of us. Booked Hampton Inn Mary Brickell for $204 for 2 queen elite floor over Memorial Day weekend. 

We are not using NCL transportation. We are using Uber.

I was happy with flights. On return we leave at 3:15PM the day we get back. 

Edited by andymattmom

Has anyone added the Reduced Airfare after the initial booking?  We are looking at doing this, but want to arrive in Seattle on Thursday for a Saturday cruise.  Will they do that for us?

Right now our air is horrendous.  We are 50 days out flying from NY to Amsterdam and NCL booked us on a connecting flight, NYC to Boston to Amsterdam.  The return flight has almost a 12 hour layover in Boston.  My TA is working on it but this is a definite deal breaker.  We are in CT about 50 miles from JFK so this is truly ridiculous.