Ft. Lauderdale to Port of Miami (the Sun)

jaylb31

I know there is an NCL transfer, is that something you can request separately after booking the cruise? Has anyone had experience with a better/cheaper transportation option? Also, is there a roll call started for the 3/18/06 Sun to E. Caribbean?

Depending on the amount of people and time you have, you can also rent a car, a taxi, a limo. Doing a search on the boards gives all kinds of options. Sorry I can't answer your question specifically. I know we booked the bus once while onboard from port to airport, but we were going from Miami port to Miami airport.

I have used a limo service called floridalimo from FLL to Miami area hotels. You can either take a shared ride with others at 15 per person or rent the whole car for 60. You do not need a reservation for FLL nor will thye accept one from the airport, go outside baggage claim and there is a stand and tell them where you want to go and how many.

I have used them for the return trip by making a reservation but not knowing what time you might be getting off the ship could be a proble. I'm sure the ydeal with arriving passengers on cruise ships and likely have a solution if you ask. They have a website add .com to the above.

I plan on using them in Febuary if the NCL bus is taking longer than I care to wait.

I have used a limo service called floridalimo from FLL to Miami area hotels. You can either take a shared ride with others at 15 per person or rent the whole car for 60. You do not need a reservation for FLL nor will thye accept one from the airport, go outside baggage claim and there is a stand and tell them where you want to go and how many.

I have used them for the return trip by making a reservation but not knowing what time you might be getting off the ship could be a proble. I'm sure the ydeal with arriving passengers on cruise ships and likely have a solution if you ask. They have a website add .com to the above.

I plan on using them in Febuary if the NCL bus is taking longer than I care to wait.

Thanks for that information. I just booked them for our arrival on the 4th to take us to the hotel. $36.00. Great deal.:D

• 1 month later...

Ended up going with NCL's transfers for $30/pp round-trip after all. EZ Express wanted $25/pp each way, which I guess is better if you only want a one way trip but not if you need round trip. Since I booked the cruise with travelocity I had to go through them to get the transfers... Luckily I had called NCL first because Travelocity tried to quote me $40/pp for the exact thing that NCL had just told me was $30.

I'm sailing on the Sun on March 18 out of Miami, and I just booked my ground transfers from Fort Lauderdale through NCL yesterday.

I got a quote from another shuttle service that does not accept reservations and charges 18 bucks each way. I figure, with NCL's, I'll get rid of my luggage earlier and might get off the ship just a tad earlier too. NCL offers the vouchers for 15 bucks each way or 30 roundtrip.

At NCL.com, we're advised to use our travel agent to book the ground transfers, but I decided to try NCL first, since I also wanted to order the $79 honeymoon package. I had no problems...at least, I thought I had no problems. But I haven't yet gotten the promised email confirmation of the $30 roundtrip vouchers, so we'll see. I'll have to call and check on that today.

Jen.

We are booked with Larry's Limo to take us from FLL to Port of Miami for our March cruise on the Jewel. The town car was cheaper for four people than NCL's transfers and the driver will be waiting for us and we will leave as soon as we get our luggage. No waiting for the bus to fill up.

I booked them directly with NCL because the agency we booked our cruise with wanted to add $10 pp for the same transfers.

The nice thing about taking the NCL transfers is they take your luggage for you at the airport and it taken to your cabin. No lugging it around at the port.

Archived