Traveling With Teens On The RCCL Explorer

mayfly43

:o Can anyone tell me how much closet and drawer space there is in a cabin for 4. My sister and I will be traveling with two teens(18) and we want to know how much we all can bring for clothing etc. Also are there hair dryers in the cabins? We will be doing the Eastern Caribbean and would like to know which of the shore excursions the girls would enjoy the most. Any info would be helpful as I have taken 12 cruises but never with teenage girls. Maybe instead of info I may just need all of your prayers. This will be a very interesting cruise for me. Thanks to all of you who respond to my pleas. I am looking forward to this being one of the best cruises of my life. What could be better than a family cruise.:D

Like the above poster said, your cabin category could influence your closet space. For example, a JS has way more closet space than a regular balcony cabin or an inside cabin. However, I believe that all inside cabins and normal balcony cabins have the same amount of drawer and cabinet space regardless of whether they sleep 2, 3, or 4. The size of the cabin actually remains the same...the difference is whether or not they have pullman beds or if the couch pulls out. I could be wrong about this, if I am, someone please correct me.

A tip that I read on these boards has always been VERY helpful to us. Find and purchase an over-the-door shoe hanger (the kind with the pockets, clear vinyl is best). Hang this over your bathroom door, and put all of the surplus bathroom products, and misc items (sunscreen, hair products, sunglasses) in it that the bathroom cabinet will not hold. With 4 females in a cabin, that's sure to be a lot! :D This helps us to stay organized and it's easy to find items through the clear vinyl.

Also, if you have one of those 'pop-up' type hampers, fold it up and throw it in your suitcase. They're great for keeping the dirty laundry off the floor.

:o We are in an outside cabin On Deck 9 Cat. F Cabin 9218. I hope this will make it easier for you to answer our questions. Thanks to all of you for your quick reply and your great suggestions for keeping things in place. :)

mayfly43- We were just recently on the Explorer in early December and traveled with our 16 yr old daughter and 8 yr old. They do have many fun activities for the teens to do. Every night the stateroom attendant will deliver their age group related activites for the next day- it has all the great fun things for them to do. They should have a wonderful time. As for excursions to do on the Eastern itinerary, I suggest a side trip to St. John's or Megans bay- they are both short boat rides from the peir I think. They have great snorkeling there and the beaches are just incredible. As for your cabin- you should have ample space but I would definitely agree with the previous posters- we took a fold up hamper from the dollar store, and an over the door organizer for the bathroom- worked out great! have a great time! The Explorer is a great ship and we loved her!!!!:D

• 1 month later...
:o We are in an outside cabin On Deck 9 Cat. F Cabin 9218. I hope this will make it easier for you to answer our questions. Thanks to all of you for your quick reply and your great suggestions for keeping things in place. :)

Considering this cabin for family of four with 2 teenage sons. How was it?

Considering this cabin for family of four with 2 teenage sons. How was it?

We don't cruise till April 2nd I can let you know after the cruise how the cabin was. I hope it works out well. Thanks for the reply:D

Archived