Question about Med. Liberty Tours????

I Luv Crusin

I'm on the May 19th Liberty cruise out of Rome. I was thinking of doing two tours in Barcelona. One is in the morning from 10- 1pm, the other 1:30 to 4:30pm.

In your experience is there time to get from one to the other tour? I'd hate to miss the 2nd tour if we were late!

Thanks!

We did Barcelona on our own. A truly spectacular city. Very easy to get around. Did Gaudi (amazing) on our own.

For a couple of bucks (maybe 4 or 5) Carnival has a bus that takes you to the beginning of La Ramblas (sp?) the main street in Barcelona. Put on your walking shoes and you will have a fabulous time. We walked all the way to the Gaudi cathedral, then took a taxi back. Went to the old city, the Gaudi apartment building (a must see), the shops, the street performers --- amazing. Stop for lunch at a little cafe. Order a bottle of local wine. Watch the world go by.

The shops along Las Ramblas are great. Stopped in a wine store. Got 2 bottles of 3 Euro "Chuck" )no label, but very good. Not the only wine we bought.) There is an incredible market about a quarter mile up La Ramblas on the left that has to be seen to be believed.

Stopped at this little restaurant for Tapas and wine.

My view: you don;t need an excusrsion in Barcelona. Get a map, do a bit a research, and do it on your own. It's not the money -- it's just a lot more fun.

In any case you will enjoy immensly.

Have a great cruise!!!!

CTMaK

by the time you hit spain you will start to run out of gas on the cruise, 12 nights is great but it is long. I would do one tour and then give your self some time to shop etc in the downtown area. We were on the Liberty last August/Sept and it was great

Archived