STAR Venice checkin time ?

imwmn913

We will be on the STAR, departing from Venice in October. Can anyone advise what time the checkin/luggage drop starts?  I will need to book our water taxi from our hotel and I need to have a time.

Thanks!

Last time we boarded in Venice, we took the water taxi to the port. We were picked up at 10am, so will have arrived at about 10.30. Check in was open and it was fairly quiet at the time. It started getting busier soon after we arrived.

Thanks Keith for that information. That sounds about what we were thinking. We have no status with NCL, so we don't want to be too late for checkin, which, I have read, would give us a later boarding time.

• 1 month later...

Hi we are going on the Star on the 22 Sept out of Venice. Our itinery shows departure at 5pm. How do you find out when you check in etc? We are first time cruisers, with no idea, and ideally would like to get to the terminal and check in without a long line! So is there a process, or time to avoid as such?

Does check in open so many hours ahead of departure time, and i asuume like flying, they allow, first, then business then economy to board?

It makes sense to board as soon as you can, as we will have to check out of our hotel by 10 and if we can check in to the ship that would be awesome!

1 hour ago, blondelinda said:

Hi we are going on the Star on the 22 Sept out of Venice. Our itinery shows departure at 5pm. How do you find out when you check in etc? We are first time cruisers, with no idea, and ideally would like to get to the terminal and check in without a long line! So is there a process, or time to avoid as such?

Does check in open so many hours ahead of departure time, and i asuume like flying, they allow, first, then business then economy to board?

It makes sense to board as soon as you can, as we will have to check out of our hotel by 10 and if we can check in to the ship that would be awesome!

There is no set check in time. Some people like to arrive early like around 9am so they get on in one of the first groups. I normally only board around noon. The line is not too bad and doesn’t usually take long. It’s your preference really. Haven and Latitude members can board first and then everyone else gets assigned a boarding group number. 

On 5/6/2019 at 1:21 PM, imwmn913 said:

We will be on the STAR, departing from Venice in October. Can anyone advise what time the checkin/luggage drop starts?  I will need to book our water taxi from our hotel and I need to have a time.

Thanks!

I was on the Star out of Venice last September and we had the taxi pick us up around 11 and we arrived by 11:30 and were on board around 12:15pm. 

• 1 month later...

From our hotel to the port (water taxi dropoff) was 100 Euro.  Poeters will take your luggage there at the water taxi drop off and then you have a 5-10 minute walk to the entrance of check in terminal.  Have a good cruise.

3 hours ago, xtrail said:

is there a preset price for the watertaxi to the port , does it take you directly to your ship .

We used a private transfer service and it took us, as stated above, to the drop off. We purchsed it prior to the trip so paid in CDN dollars and they picked us up at our hotel. We handed off our luggage and then it was about a 10-20 minute walk to the check-in (we walk slow!).