Cruising again after a 3 year break

2 hours ago, Smq123 said:

Glad you had the lovely cruise! Welcome back to cruising. I love the Dawn. I'm a BIG Richard Matic fan who has been/is the CD on the Dawn. He was on the Jade in November 2018 when I went on the Dawn & his leadership was so impressive & all his staff clearly loved him. When I was on the Dawn in February it was Richard as CD & Luz as Asst Luz. Both were lovely & everywhere. They made the cruise more fun. A lot of people complained about the service in O'Sheehans. It was extremely slow & seemed that the staff was irritated because they were either short staffed or there were problems in the kitchen. Orders were placed & 30 minutes would go by without a drink or food. People complained & just got up & left. After two experiences like that we avoided O'Sheehans for the rest of the cruise which is unfortunate because we are gamblers & tend to skip dinner if we are on a winning streak leaving us unfed until breakfast. 

Thank you, we had a great cruise! 

I totally agree with you about Richard Matic, such a lovely man and very visible around the ship.

As for O'Sheehans, again, I agree, the service was slow. 

We only ate there on our last night and whilst we were in no rush, we definitely waited a while for our food. So much so, that the Manager noticed and chased it up! After that everything came at once....starter to share and both main dishes. Again, not a problem, we were hungry!  🙂 We didn't have to wait for drinks though, we had our own wine!  😉